Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Crossroads

Again, while Germany still seems to get a lot of flak on their commitment in aid, it is France that truly is missing from the big picture.

https://x.com/ch_trebesch/status/1758385245852987759
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Crossroads

France, Italy, Spain, more like it. Switzerland fully in their neutral happy place, too bad, as they would have a lot of usable stuff in stock.

CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Crossroads

Story of one volunteer, very similar to what I have heard from others, who've come back. And managed to stay back. RIP young man.

Via google translate.

https://yle-fi.translate.goog/a/74-20075031?_x_tr_sl=fi&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

so a russian training ground was visited by some Himars today.   :evil:
I don't think that battalion is going to be deployed.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Crossroads

The second anniversary of Russia's unprovoked invasion of Ukraine in a few days. RAND discussion on variety of topics related to that.

https://www.rand.org/pubs/commentary/2024/02/two-years-after-russia-invaded-ukraine.html

Windigo

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on February 20, 2024, 08:02:43 PMso a russian training ground was visited by some Himars today.   :evil:

I also read on twitter that a UAF drone flew to Russian logistics centre and one of the big structures had its doors wide ass open and the drone had a good visit
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

GDS_Starfury

I saw that video.  quite a few drones came to say hi.

Uberhaus

Quote from: Windigo on February 21, 2024, 11:11:27 AM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on February 20, 2024, 08:02:43 PMso a russian training ground was visited by some Himars today.   :evil:

I also read on twitter that a UAF drone flew to Russian logistics centre and one of the big structures had its doors wide ass open and the drone had a good visit
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on February 21, 2024, 11:13:27 AMI saw that video.  quite a few drones came to say hi.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidaxe/2024/02/20/russian-troops-left-their-warehouse-doors-open-ukrainian-drones-flew-right-inside-and-blew-up-a-bunch-of-armored-vehicles/?sh=1bf06f2e5666

GDS_Starfury

GDS_Starfury

FarAway Sooner

Uber, thanks for posting that video.  The conclusion of that Forbes article is kind of sad.

QuoteThe implication is that the Ukrainians extended the range of their first-person quadcopters, possibly by flying them in a long formation with a larger "repeater" drone that captured, and rebroadcast, the FPVs' command signals. With the help of a repeater drone, an FPV might range more than 10 miles.

But if the Ukrainians could locate a warehouse complex full of tanks 10 miles behind the front line, why not strike it with much heavier weapons than drones—artillery, rockets, even glide-bombs—and guarantee the instantaneous destruction of the entire complex?

The answer is obvious. The United States was the main supplier of Ukraine's heavy munitions, and Russia-aligned Republicans in the U.S. Congress since October have refused to vote on fresh aid to Ukraine. Ukrainian forces are running out of their heaviest weapons.

Windigo

American leadership supporting the Russian state.... that shit is as sad as it is unbelievable. Ronald Reagan is rolling in his grave.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Uberhaus

Thanks for the like FarAwaySooner.  Yes, it was painful reading the conclusion to that article, but I didn't quote it here, wanting to be discrete lest the forum be locked up again, only posting the link.

Now everyone knows what an insidious SOB I can be.