Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Windigo

That is a lot of rounds on target. Damn. They didn't stand a chance. Shitty shitty training too.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Crossroads

Yet another Russian Black Sea Fleet submersible enter the area, apparently.

https://twitter.com/front_ukrainian/status/1764932879706886442
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

JudgeDredd

Don't they have any onboard defences? There's an unusual amount of remotely guided weapons able to hit Russian ships!
Alba gu' brath

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: JudgeDredd on March 05, 2024, 06:30:47 AMDon't they have any onboard defences?

no

QuoteThe class's armaments include the Kalibr-NK cruise missile, the AK-176 76.2 mm dual-purpose naval gun, aerosol camouflage, two grenade launchers, and two machine guns.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Windigo

yes... they are just ineffective; apparently, shitting your pants has no effect on surface drones.

GDS_Starfury

kind of surprised there isn't at least one  of their 30mm CWIS on board.  the soviets used to be pretty liberal with them o  ships.

Windigo

You'd think they'd at least retrofit or jury rig something.

GDS_Starfury

supposedly it had a Tor air defense system strapped to the rear deck. 

:ROFL:

Windigo

After watching it all, that is a pretty big hole in the side of that bad boy. I assume the other drone just drove into it

Windigo

GDS_Starfury

Uberhaus

The help of the Tank Museum in Bovington was needed in the manufacture of tank tracks for Ukraine.  https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-dorset-68470203 
QuoteA military museum has revealed it was called upon to help reverse-engineer Soviet-era tank tracks for a defence firm supplying components to Ukraine.

The Tank Museum in Bovington, Dorset, worked with Cook Defence Systems after a request from the Ministry of Defence.
Incomplete Soviet-era drawings and links from Ukraine were used with the museum's own track specimens to help reproduce the replacement tracks.
The components have since been manufactured and shipped.
The tracks and drive sprockets were made by County Durham-based Cook Defence Systems for MT-LB and BMP amphibious infantry fighting vehicles and for T-72 battle tanks.
Better the help of a museum, than riding the exhibits into battle!

GDS_Starfury

ArizonaTank

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.