To End All Wars contest archive thread

Started by bayonetbrant, August 27, 2014, 11:24:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

Quote from: Boggit on August 28, 2014, 06:06:11 AM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on August 27, 2014, 01:39:36 PM

Whilst I loved that clip, this one is rather more poignant...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vH3-Gt7mgyM&list=PLwCd_jgvjTjQzP7Q9REbcqJNJuyzhJzC0

i remember drinking and laughing with some guys from school when this episode was first shown, everyone commenting and talking, when this happened, total silence, noone knew what to say - speechless

still powerful

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

Don't forget to enter to win your own Steam Key for "To End All Wars"
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

Haiku and seemingly logical historical references.  Well I'm out of out of original ideas to complete.  I do believe that Common Core societal rules mandate we all receive participation trophies therefore we should all receive free keys to the game. :P

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

You have to vote to see who's winning! :)

Voting closes on 9/13 and we'll announce the winner on 9/14

If there's a tie, then the non-tied entries will be eliminated, and we'll just put the tied ones up against each other.

bayonetbrant

y'all gotta vote for this to work...  sheesh

bayonetbrant

I suppose it's easier for y'all to vote when I make this thread visible, huh?

Martok

Only three days to vote??  What's the rush? 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

bayonetbrant

Note that I started the thread on the 5th...  I'm an idiot and didn't make it visible for everyone else

let me check w/ legal to see about extending the voting

Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bayonetbrant

W8taminute

This was a tough poll to vote in because all those entries are superb.  Finally made up my mind though and cast a vote!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Staggerwing

Yeah, I ended up voting for one that was better than mine anyway.  O0
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys