Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solops

As I listen to the clueless talking heads interview a parade of clueless policy weenies I am stunned at the fantasy these self-deluded idiots live in. Wake up and smell the roses, they smell like gunpowder.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Uberhaus

Quote from: Pete Dero on February 23, 2022, 11:33:32 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 23, 2022, 08:50:31 AM
^the even scarier thing is that Zelenskyy is talking about trying to procure them.

That is something I haven't heard yet.

But even when they had them I don't think they had operational control over them.

Don't expect any protests in Russia as this equals a trip to prison (or worse).

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-26337693 Mass arrest of protesters at rallies in Russia (2014)
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/22/russia-protests-more-than-1000-arrested-at-pro-navalny-demonstrations.html   More than 1,000 arrested at pro-Navalny protests in Russia as demonstrators defy ban (2021)
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/russia-navalny-protesters-abuses/2021/02/26/c5d8856c-6aef-11eb-a66e-e27046e9e898_story.html   As some of the more than 11,000 detainees emerge from crowded detention centers, they speak of violence, fear and potential rights violations (2021)

There's one incident where the military sided with the people and refused to crush democracy demonstrators.  The 1991 Soviet coup d'état attempt.   

There is also protest by Belarus soldiers burning their uniforms from August 2020. https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-europe-53776463 

February 23rd was a holiday in Russia.  Remembrance of Defence of the Motherland.  I guess every Russian leader has to produce holiday fun, lest public opinion of them end up in the basement.

Jarhead0331

This evening I've tracked a number of RQ4 Global Hawks directly over Ukraine. Still very light civilian air traffic over the country. Hardly anyone is coming in or out. Everything is avoiding Crimea and most of the Black Sea.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Con

I thinks its going down now- Ukrainian forces reportedly shelling Donetsk - False Flags are flying! Time in Kyiv 4:15am
https://www.cnn.com/europe/live-news/ukraine-russia-news-02-23-22/index.html

GDS_Starfury

emergency meeting of the UNSC starting right now
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on February 23, 2022, 09:56:12 PM
^We're saved!

:/

Of course we are. 

They will alter their stern warnings to sterner warnings.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

GDS_Starfury

SirAndrewD

CNN reporting Kyiv being hit.

Watching this now..

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Con

I am reminded of the line from Red Storm Rising when the balloon goes up
Stout Hearts SACLANT sends - here's hoping the Ukrainians can hold and bloody Ivan.

SirAndrewD

Putin said his goal was to "De-Nazify" Ukraine.

Gusington

There is a lot of information flying right now, hard to keep up.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

no idea why this UN meeting is still going on.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on February 23, 2022, 10:53:27 PM
There is a lot of information flying right now, hard to keep up.

Yeah.  I'm hearing of amphibious operations against Odesa and Mariupol but so far haven't seen that in the mainstream media.

EDIT: Ok, CNN reported it.

Looks like possibly a movie against Kharkiv and Mariupol with the goal of a double envelopment.