Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Sir Slash on March 05, 2022, 09:57:31 AM
ONLY, if I get my chest-hair back.  >:(

I have plenty I shave off my back with my "manscaper" if you need a refresher.

I'd been considering gluing it to my head now that I'm dating again, but I could always keep going with the old Mk.I HAT solution.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Uberhaus

I think an  ex-KGB officer, murderer and suspected world's richest man (https://fortune.com/2022/03/02/vladimir-putin-net-worth-2022/) while maintaining an economy equivalent to Italy uses religion cynically and manipulatively.

Not to mention admirer of Stalin.  Which face of Putin should we believe?  btw it's the 69th anniversary of Stalin's death today.

bobarossa

Quote from: SirAndrewD on March 05, 2022, 12:52:27 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on March 05, 2022, 09:57:31 AM
ONLY, if I get my chest-hair back.  >:(

I have plenty I shave off my back with my "manscaper" if you need a refresher.

I'd been considering gluing it to my head now that I'm dating again, but I could always keep going with the old Mk.I HAT solution.
Most of my friends don't know what I look like without a hat.  Bald for over 30 years now.  Started dating again a couple months ago and have purposely removed my hat so she can get used to it (or find out if she can't stand a bald guy).  So far so good.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: bobarossa on March 05, 2022, 02:53:46 PM

Most of my friends don't know what I look like without a hat.  Bald for over 30 years now.  Started dating again a couple months ago and have purposely removed my hat so she can get used to it (or find out if she can't stand a bald guy).  So far so good.

Well, in my case she's known me for about 24 years so she's seen the rise and fall of the hairline so no surprises there. 

Like you the ballcap is pretty well permanently attached now though. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

Pete that was a great post. I have seen mention of Putin reaching further back than the Soviet Union, to Tsarist influences.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Skoop

Pete's post reminds of the scene in "No Country for Old Men" where woody harelson's character say to Javier Bardem's assassin character "Do you even know how crazy you are ?"

al_infierno

Quote from: Skoop on March 05, 2022, 03:17:40 PM
Pete's post reminds of the scene in "No Country for Old Men" where woody harelson's character say to Javier Bardem's assassin character "Do you even know how crazy you are ?"

"You mean the nature of this war?"

"I mean the nature of you, Vladimir."

;D
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Skoop

Quote from: al_infierno on March 05, 2022, 03:26:58 PM
Quote from: Skoop on March 05, 2022, 03:17:40 PM

"You mean the nature of this war?"

"I mean the nature of you, Vladimir."

;D

Vlads whole manifesto per say.

al_infierno

Russia is mobilizing armor from Siberia to move to Ukraine.

https://twitter.com/AndrewScheidl/status/1499385584028110848

Khabarovsk is near the Pacific.

If these are being mobilized now, it suggests Russian losses have been extremely high, and that they've realized that 65% of Russia's army wasn't enough.

The war is going to take much longer. These will take at least a week to reach Ukraine.

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

^Wow. I hope we can send AT weapons over there fast enough.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: bobarossa on March 05, 2022, 02:53:46 PM
Bald talk

Not to sidetrack too much from the bit at hand, but do any of you hair-less types (of which I am one) marvel at the dreams in which you do have hair?  Seems odd that that sort of stuff creeps in from time to time 'lo these many moons without the topside mop being a thing.

Also, I love when the kids discover old photos of me and go, "No way; you had hair!?!"

I laugh too and tell my Son with all seriousness to enjoy it while he can.  And that you get gray in your pubes as well.  No one ever warned me of that bit, let me tell you.

Gusington

I started losing my hair at 20 and don't miss it at all.

Sky News crew ambushed:

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

And hundreds of people sign up to join the Ukrainian Army. Utmost respect for them, volunteering to go into a war headlong. They've got giant cajones. Also from Sky News.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Uberhaus

Quote from: al_infierno on March 05, 2022, 04:36:33 PM
Russia is mobilizing armor from Siberia to move to Ukraine.

https://twitter.com/AndrewScheidl/status/1499385584028110848

Khabarovsk is near the Pacific.

If these are being mobilized now, it suggests Russian losses have been extremely high, and that they've realized that 65% of Russia's army wasn't enough.

The war is going to take much longer. These will take at least a week to reach Ukraine.

Looking at where Khabarovosk is on the map.  It's right on the border with China approx 700 km NNE of Vladivostok.  There border skirmishes are a long time past but this further indicates at least tacit agreement between Putin and Xi over the invasion.  That's if the tweet is true, the video is attributed to Igor Girkin which is the nom de guerre of the alleged Russian war criminal Igor Strelkov.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igor_Girkin

Strelkov is the alias.

GDS_Starfury

if I posted all the shit Im finding here I wouldnt have time to find it.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.