Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

this is what russia lost yesterday alone:

- 1x Su-30SM multirole aircraft (pictured)
- 2 Su-34 strike aircraft
- 2 Su-25 close air support aircraft
- 2 Mi-24/35 attack helicopters
- 2 Mi-8 transport helicopter
- 1 Orlan-10 UAV

all kills verified by at least 2 photos.  Osinttechnical on twitter
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Uberhaus

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on March 05, 2022, 06:11:16 PM

- 1 Orlan-10 UAV

From the BBC (Big Bad Crash)

GDS_Starfury

that might have been from 2014.  theres a lot of debate over it.
but either way a great clip.
Ive also stumbled on what seems a pretty good reason for the stalled convoy in the north.
the Ukrainians have flooded the area

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

MengJiao

Quote from: Skoop on March 05, 2022, 03:32:34 PM

Vlads whole manifesto per say.

As his troops continued to run into stiff resistance in Ukraine, President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia delivered an ominous message to Ukrainians on Saturday, telling government leaders they might lose their statehood and likening the withering sanctions imposed on his country to a "declaration of war."

"The current leadership needs to understand that if they continue doing what they are doing, they risk the future of Ukrainian statehood," Mr. Putin said.

This is just so twisted.  Putin attacks a state, and then says if they resist they are risking the future of their state?  What do you say to something like that?  Is he offering some kind
of deal?  Like surrender and we will leave?  (Then why did he attack in the first place?  It makes no sense at all.)

Gusington

The video of the helicopter is insane...it went down in under two seconds!

And the flooding is very Dutch of Ukraine. A lot of Russians are going to die, on top of the thousands already killed.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

ComradeP

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on March 05, 2022, 06:11:16 PM

- 1 Orlan-10 UAV

If the claims are based on photos or video footage, what kind of verification method was used to make sure the photos or footage were for the day specified? Particularly in the case of a photo, the plane might have crashed days ago even if the photo was taken today.

In that guy's twitter feed, I see a new report of a request by the Ukrainians for the US to send F16's to Poland so the Poles can send MiG29's to Ukraine. I thought Stoltenberg was clear that wasn't going to happen, and I'm hoping it's not seriously being considered.

As much as I admire the tenacity of the Ukrainians, the requests by the governments seem a little out of touch with reality. I have no idea why the Ukrainians think NATO would create a no-fly zone. Totally unrealistic.

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on March 05, 2022, 06:22:13 PM
that might have been from 2014.  theres a lot of debate over it.
but either way a great clip.
Ive also stumbled on what seems a pretty good reason for the stalled convoy in the north.
the Ukrainians have flooded the area

It's still rasputitsa season, it might be natural.
The fact that these people drew inspiration...and then became chicken farmers - Cyrano, Dragon' Up The Past #45

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

GDS_Starfury

a lot of the twitter feeds Ive been looking at are actively trying to cross reference all numbers and if anything they are being very conservative.
the calls for aircraft and no fly zones are simple politics.  the Ukraine leadership is in constant contact and knows the current limits of EU/NATO help.
its good to see that you still observe the world in black and white  ::)

ps:  they also try to geolocate the shot down planes whenever possible.

GDS_Starfury

question:  how fat can you get as a russian pilot?

Con

It looks like War in the East players would have been able to help out the Russian high command planning.

Someone needs to read their commander reports on truck losses. The key to winning WITE

https://twitter.com/phillipspobrien/status/1500213968576684037?s=21

GDS_Starfury

no comrade, russian army has no time for silly wargames, we are professional army   :idiot2:

GDS_Starfury

so just checked the ADSB flight tracking site and noticed that many USAF planes have gone dark.
they might not be flying at all but I would be really surprised if that was the case.
this also led to another question as I was looking at the map.
when does russia close its airspace to all foreign commercial flights?

ComradeP

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on March 05, 2022, 07:26:36 PM
a lot of the twitter feeds Ive been looking at are actively trying to cross reference all numbers and if anything they are being very conservative.
the calls for aircraft and no fly zones are simple politics.  the Ukraine leadership is in constant contact and knows the current limits of EU/NATO help.
its good to see that you still observe the world in black and white  ::)

ps:  they also try to geolocate the shot down planes whenever possible.

I hope it's just politics and purely for "internal" use.

Zelensky being an actor, it's hard to tell when he's sincere or when he's just acting.

There's a lot of grey in the world, but speculating about a NATO controlled no-fly zone in Ukraine isn't very grey in my opinion. That means war with Russia.

That flooded area, looking towards the south, seems to be here:

Even in dry conditions in the satellite view, it looks like it would normally turn into a swamp during the rasputitsa season. Several rivers and streams run through the area.

One of the roads the convoy can take to Kiev is through Demydiv (the yellow line). It's hard to tell if the road is elevated. The convoy could take another route if it's flooded.
The fact that these people drew inspiration...and then became chicken farmers - Cyrano, Dragon' Up The Past #45

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on March 05, 2022, 06:44:46 PM
The video of the helicopter is insane...it went down in under two seconds!

And the flooding is very Dutch of Ukraine. A lot of Russians are going to die, on top of the thousands already killed.

I thought Stingers were purely infrared.  It looks like this chopper might have picked up a radar signal and been in a hurry to go low when a radar-guided missile hit it with a pretty big warhead.

Atilla60

Quote from: Uberhaus on March 05, 2022, 12:54:01 PM
I think an  ex-KGB officer, murderer and suspected world's richest man (https://fortune.com/2022/03/02/vladimir-putin-net-worth-2022/) while maintaining an economy equivalent to Italy uses religion cynically and manipulatively.

Not to mention admirer of Stalin.  Which face of Putin should we believe?  btw it's the 69th anniversary of Stalin's death today.

There's no such thing as an ex-KGB officer.
It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.
- Sir Winston Churchill -