Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

saw that earlier and Im still wondering how these guys are taking out ERA equipped tanks with rpgs so consistently.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on March 06, 2022, 07:59:03 PM
saw that earlier and Im still wondering how these guys are taking out ERA equipped tanks with rpgs so consistently.

I thought the same.  That's a bad sign for the Russians.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: SirAndrewD on March 06, 2022, 07:10:49 PM
I have it on really good authority from a friend who I trust and has a ton of info that I don't generally talk about that the general consensus is "nothing".

I think thats very much the wrong answer.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on March 06, 2022, 08:24:33 PM

I think thats very much the wrong answer.

Well, by nothing I mean nothing direct militarily but yeah, I get the gist.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Skoop

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on March 06, 2022, 07:06:09 PM
and what happens when putin is so fucked across the board that he decides his off ramp is a demonstration strike in the Ukraine?
then what the fuck does NATO do?

I'd say we take the punch.  Putin detonating a nuke in Ukraine would cause so much unrest in Russia he'd never escape it.

Skoop

Quote from: SirAndrewD on March 06, 2022, 08:22:48 PM

Yeah, and where's the vaunted t-14 armata?  Or the sulkhoi stealth fighter ?  I'm starting to think those only exist for show.  They don't actually work in combat.

GDS_Starfury

they dont have enough t-14s to actually deploy and the Su-57 is to expensive for them to lose.

GDS_Starfury

also, "we" wouldnt be taking that punch.  at least not the first one.
its occurred to me that my survival, at least initially, would then depend on the right ssbn being taken out very quickly.
all of their ground based force is aimed at silos and hard targets.  Im in south Floriduh so thats kinda not my problem.
the subs are tasked with hitting cities.

solops

I would imagine that Kremlin planners and budgeteers are appalled at the tank and aircraft losses so far.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

ArizonaTank

Quote from: SirAndrewD on March 06, 2022, 08:22:48 PM

I wondered about that as well. Brings up a bunch of questions. But I have seen at least one other video of an RPG hit on the side, that started the tank burning. So maybe ineffective, poor quality or missing ERA is a thing.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

ArizonaTank

Maybe Putin is holding back the cream of his forces and newest toys in case he needs them against NATO.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

GDS_Starfury

does an era block have an expiration date?  or not function in extreme cold weather?

Jarhead0331

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on March 06, 2022, 08:54:56 PM
also, "we" wouldnt be taking that punch.  at least not the first one.
its occurred to me that my survival, at least initially, would then depend on the right ssbn being taken out very quickly.
all of their ground based force is aimed at silos and hard targets.  Im in south Floriduh so thats kinda not my problem.
the subs are tasked with hitting cities.

I've got some bad news for you...if there is a strike anywhere in the continental United States, it is not going to matter where you are, you're not going to survive ultimately...and quite frankly, why would you want to? Whatever is left is not going to be in a world worth living in.

Just my .02.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

GDS_Starfury

on many levels I completely agree.
Im looking at it more as an academic exercise.
Ive read that its generally believed that 10% of our nuclear forces wouldnt work at all.  launch failure, stage separation failure, bus malfunction and warhead issues.  that us.  whats to make one think that russias systems would work at anything close to that level?  from what Ive seen now they might, maybe on a good day have 50% work.

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: solops on March 06, 2022, 09:04:26 PM
I would imagine that Kremlin planners and budgeteers are appalled at the tank and aircraft losses so far.

even accounting for russian cheapness, yesterday alone cost them about $200 million in aviation alone.