Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

you totally lost me at russians found bio labs.
and the rest of your post is just full retard.
seriously man, get the fuck out with that bullshit.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Boggit

SNIP.

No discussion related to religion and politics is presently permitted. Please follow rules and keep all comments related to a strategic or tactical military nature.

Thank you.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Boggit

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on March 11, 2022, 12:06:31 AM
you totally lost me at russians found bio labs.
Have you been living under a rock? :idiot2:

SNIP.

No discussion related to religion and politics is presently permitted. Please follow rules and keep all comments related to a strategic or tactical military nature.

Thank you.

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on March 11, 2022, 12:06:31 AM
and the rest of your post is just full retard.
seriously man, get the fuck out with that bullshit.

Clearly you didn't take the time to look at any of the supporting evidence as to why I have arrived at my view.

I'm sorry that I couldn't condense it all into a kiddies cartoon so you'd understand it better. Is it cognitive dissonance on your part, or do you need any help in viewing YouTube videos? ::)
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

GDS_Starfury

clearly I dont need to watch the bullshit that your posting.
but good to know that youre a tinfoil hat kinda person.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

al_infierno

Quote from: Boggit on March 11, 2022, 12:49:25 AM
Quote from: al_infierno on March 11, 2022, 12:04:30 AM
I laugh at the notion that Zelensky is a neonazi puppet because he used to be a comedian.  The neonazi political party makes up 2% of voters and 0 seats in gov't.  Putin's claims about neonazis in Ukraine are pure theater to justify war goals.
You misunderstand my point. Zelenskyy was a comedian. 2 years later he has amassed massive personal wealth at around $2B plus change. Don't you think that a bit odd to become so wealthy in such a short time to say the least?

I did not say "Zelensky is a neonazi puppet because he used to be a comedian". That is laughable because it is a straw man. You need to read the whole paragraph to understand the context.

I'll expand things a bit: I think Zelensky is a puppet, not necessarily just of the neo-Nazi's (although I think C14, Balitsky and the Svoboda party do have a hold over him as a serious force of political violence in Ukraine), but also of the EU and US political influence. His rapid gain in wealth is worth considering in view of the latter interests.

Did you look at any of the supporting evidence I provided supporting my views? Please do so, especially the Rodney Atkinson article (which is fairly short and won't take long [unless you check out the links that support his arguments]).

http://freenations.net/ukraine-nazis-embrace-nato-and-the-swastika-zelenskys-nazi-friends-crimes-of-azov-and-aidar-battalions-murder-outside-mariupol/

Read this as well:
https://consortiumnews.com/2022/03/04/how-zelensky-made-peace-with-neo-nazis/
https://towardfreedom.org/story/archives/europe/how-ukraines-jewish-president-volodymyr-zelensky-made-peace-with-neo-nazi-paramilitaries-on-front-lines-of-war-with-russia/

When you have checked that out let me know whether you still think that Zelensky is not a puppet or at least not influenced by what Ukrainian neo-Nazis want.

My view is in part that he is influenced by them, but also by others who have a hegemonic interest in Ukraine. Don't forget that the Azov and AIDAR battalions have been incorporated officially into the Ukrainian National Guard, thus are now an arm of the state. Not only that he has decorated members of the Far Right with the "Hero of the Ukraine".

He also allows the neo-Nazi street vigilantes known as the National Corps to be deployed across the country (like the SA in Hitler's Germany) under the nominal control of the Interior Ministry. If he opposed them that would not be the case. Is he influenced or not by Far Right and neo-Nazi's?

The notion that Zelensky is merely a puppet of the west or neo-nazi interests seems to have been debunked by the fact that the lower level government and governed peoples did not turn on him the moment the wind seemed to be blowing against him.  That everyone in Ukraine staunchly supports Zelensky seems to support the notion that he's a legitimate patriot who represents Ukraine's best interests.  Does it not?

I have no doubt that Ukraine has a neo-Nazi problem, just as the United States does.  I do not know if Zelensky is personally influenced by neo-Nazi interests.

@Starfury, my dude, I tend to agree with your points but I'd appreciate if you could elucidate them in an intelligent and thoughtful manner when someone expresses a countering viewpoint.   :-\
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

GDS_Starfury

nope, Im going to call out stupidity when I see it.

Boggit

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on March 11, 2022, 01:07:54 AM
clearly I dont need to watch the bullshit that your posting.
but good to know that youre a tinfoil hat kinda person.
Why is that clear you "don't need to watch..." and I'm  "... a tinfoil hat kinda person"?

Are you afraid of learning something that might challenge your perceptions?

Is Professor Mearsheimer, whom I cite, and who is one of the world's leading experts on international relations talking BS and a "tinfoil hat kinda person" too?

I might be wrong but at least I have looked at both sides of the coin before coming to my conclusions. You should listen to arguments before rejecting them.

You attack me instead because you have no answer to what I am saying, but you desperately want to win the point. I wish you did have a point, it would make things so much more interesting.

If I am wrong convince me with your arguments and evidence, otherwise you're just an ignorant bigot.  L:-)

Jarhead0331

1. This entire line of conversation violates our rules against political discussion. It has nothing to do with the military strategic or tactical considerations of the conflict. So, all of you shut the fuck up or the thread will be locked and that would be a shame.

2. Starfury, you're banned for 24 hours. I've warned you far too many times and you can use a break. Use the time wisely to reflect on how you treat other people who have different views.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Boggit

Quote from: al_infierno on March 11, 2022, 01:16:01 AM

The notion that Zelensky is merely a puppet of the west or neo-nazi interests seems to have been debunked by the fact that the lower level government and governed peoples did not turn on him the moment the wind seemed to be blowing against him.  That everyone in Ukraine staunchly supports Zelensky seems to support the notion that he's a legitimate patriot who represents Ukraine's best interests.  Does it not?

I have no doubt that Ukraine has a neo-Nazi problem, just as the United States does.  I do not know if Zelensky is personally influenced by neo-Nazi interests.

@Starfury, my dude, I tend to agree with your points but I'd appreciate if you could elucidate them in an intelligent and thoughtful manner when someone expresses a countering viewpoint.   :-\
To be honest I think that's open to debate.

Clearly there is nuance to all of this and the present situation isn't going to resolve the rise of neo-Nazism in Ukraine until it is settled and even then it probably won't as either Zelensky will be painted a national hero or will die or skip Ukraine if it is finally occupied.

If you look at the rise of C14 and the Svoboda Party from 2014 to present it has grown and entrenched itself in Ukrainian society and especially in east Ukraine. Have a look at the BBC docu I posted - Ukraine: On patrol with the far-right National Militia and see whether that makes my position any clearer. If an organisation is entrenched into the state - at face value it - is hard for a president not to be influenced

I suggest that the neo-Nazi problem is probably much bigger in the Ukraine than the US as elements of it are now embedded in state infrastructure. The US has no comparable organisation. Even the KKK was never formally integrated into the US state even if President Biden did have friendly links with them.
https://www.independentsentinel.com/we-have-bidens-eulogy-of-the-exalted-cyclops-of-the-kkk-robert-c-byrd/

I agree with your comment to Starfarter, but will add that his points are basically rebuttals without evidence. Whether he has the intelligence to convey his points in an intelligent and thoughtful manner remains to be seen. You may have him stumped at the word "elucidate" though... ;)

Boggit

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 11, 2022, 01:31:01 AM
1. This entire line of conversation violates our rules against political discussion. It has nothing to do with the military strategic or tactical considerations of the conflict. So, all of you shut the fuck up or the thread will be locked and that would be a shame.

2. Starfury, you're banned for 24 hours. I've warned you far too many times and you can use a break. Use the time wisely to reflect on how you treat other people who have different views.
Sorry. Posted before I saw this. :-[

solops

So have the Russians sorted out their supply problems and are lining up for an organised assault across multiple fronts.. OR... are institutional corruption, sanctions and internal dissent forcing the high command to desperately push ahead everywhere and hope that enough thrusts succeed to swing events more in their favor before it all falls apart? ( Or everyone goes home to play DW2)

Will the Western public get bored of the War footage and begin to ignore it in favor of inflation whining and sports?
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Jarhead0331

Quote from: solops on March 11, 2022, 02:11:57 AM
So have the Russians sorted out their supply problems and are lining up for an organised assault across multiple fronts.. OR... are institutional corruption, sanctions and internal dissent forcing the high command to desperately push ahead everywhere and hope that enough thrusts succeed to swing events more in their favor before it all falls apart? ( Or everyone goes home to play DW2)

Will the Western public get bored of the War footage and begin to ignore it in favor of inflation whining and sports?

No. There is no indication that the Russians are learning from their mistakes, altering their strategy or adapting to the situation on the ground.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

MikeGER

on RPGs

Ukrainian soldier seems to be quit happy with his fresh unboxed Panzerfaust 3T  :)
(he still has to put on the Griffstück so ;-) ...see demonstational video below)

https://twitter.com/Ozkok_A/status/1502226644039262214/photo/1

get some  :bd:

Con

This is the sort of stuff I find fascinating.
Turns out that with everything else going wrong for the Russians that their Comms might be beyond help.  Bodes very poorly for them in getting their crap together.  Advantage Ukraine if this keeps up
https://rusi.org/explore-our-research/publications/commentary/russian-comms-ukraine-world-hertz

MengJiao

Quote from: solops on March 11, 2022, 02:11:57 AM

Don't know about all that, but I guess we are in for months of destruction since there seems to be no way to stop this war.  I guess eventually the Russians will obliterate Ukraine.
But at least Lukashenko is still alive.  The meeting must have been rough for him:

Putin: "Not dead yet?  Lubby?  Can I call you Lubby?"
Lubby: "No.  You changed the flowers since last time."
Putin : "No.  Those were poison flowers.  They cannot be changed.  They are the same flowers."
Lubby: "I see."
Putin: "But I do have a little fatal illness for you: a random sample of just one of the hundreds of diseases we found in NATO's secret labs."
Lubby:"Ha!  You are the funny man!"
Putin: "I'm sure it will kill you.  The Chinese agree it is the most lethal thing they've ever seen -- not that they have seen anything lethal like it ever before."
Lubby: "Remarkable."
Putin: "Listen, you will be very, very, very, very sick and then you will die."
Lubby: "A good plan, but I need to be getting back to Belarus."
Putin: "Never mind then.  I kill you another time."