Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeGER and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

steve58

Stray Russian? Ukrainian? drone crashes/explodes in Croatia

Iranian missiles and stray drones...not a good day  :(
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Uberhaus

Lost for words.
From https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-60717902
QuoteRussia is asking China for both military and economic assistance, according to reports in the Financial Times and New York Times newspapers.

Moscow wants Beijing to provide military supplies to use in Ukraine, the FT says.

Citing unnamed US officials, the FT reported that Russia had been requesting Chinese equipment since the start of the invasion. The officials declined to specify what kind of equipment Russia is seeking.

The report added that there were indications that China may be preparing to help.

A separate report in the New York Times - again citing US officials - alleges Russia is also asking for economic assistance to mitigate the impact of sanctions.

China has so far sought to portray itself as neutral in the Russia-Ukraine conflict and has not condemned the invasion.

On Monday US National Security Adviser Jake Sullivan is expected to hold talks with a top Chinese foreign policy official, Yang Jiechi, in Rome.

Speaking to NBC on Sunday, Sullivan said the US would "ensure that China nor anyone else" can compensate Russia for its economic losses.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

look at the silver lining.  soon Ukrainians will be capturing chinese shit that we can then pick apart and figure out countermeasures for.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Gusington

Some footage from the Russian side, at the very beginning of this, 2.5 weeks ago.

Russian airborne troops capturing an airport - Russian KU52 helicopters can be seen backing them up along with a possible Russian MiG-29:

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Uberhaus

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on March 13, 2022, 06:18:16 PM
look at the silver lining.  soon Ukrainians will be capturing chinese shit that we can then pick apart and figure out countermeasures for.
That part is fantastic.  I imagine they'll be getting 122mm and 152mm shells and whatever aerial and rocket munitions that are compatible though.

Hopefully, the West will be able to dissuade China but don't know the legalities.

GDS_Starfury

@ Gus:  I saw that video yesterday and was laughing at the camo by adidas.
wtf is with russians and track suits.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Uberhaus

Quote from: Gusington on March 13, 2022, 06:23:20 PM
Some footage from the Russian side, at the very beginning of this, 2.5 weeks ago.

Russian airborne troops capturing an airport - Russian KU52 helicopters can be seen backing them up along with a possible Russian MiG-29:

At the 50s mark one of the Russians moves directly in front of a rifleman whereas he could go over or behind.  This is surprising as it is dangerous and masks fire.  I encourage them to keep doing it though.  Any other indications of poor tactics?

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Uberhaus on March 13, 2022, 06:55:35 PM
  Any other indications of poor tactics?

a shorter answer is if anyone can list indications of good tactics.

Dammit Carl!

Gusington

^That is surreal and hilarious Carl...

I didn't notice the Adidas until you pointed it out Star - but it jibes with every Russian immigrant gangster wannabe I grew up with, to a 'T.'

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Uberhaus

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on March 13, 2022, 07:09:40 PM

Succinct.

al_infierno

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on March 13, 2022, 07:09:40 PM

If their plan was to load a savegame from roughly Feb. 23, I think they did an excellent job of ruining their campaign for shits and giggles.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

MengJiao

Quote from: Uberhaus on March 14, 2022, 02:12:37 AM

Succinct.

CNN says people are escaping from Mariupol to Zaporizhzhia.  I thought the Russians had taken Zaporizhzhia.  I'm so confused.

Jarhead0331

Another good video showcasing Ukrainian tactics and equipment. I really like their indigenous bullpup rifle, the "Malyuk". When I first saw it, I thought it was an Israeli Tavor.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18