Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamus34

Why do I get a feeling the giant Z on the Russian armor just makes a convenient bullseye?
Insert witty comment here.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: jamus34 on March 14, 2022, 04:05:27 PM
Why do I get a feeling the giant Z on the Russian armor just makes a convenient bullseye?

"World War Z" of course.   ;)  Without Brad Pitt...at least so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXkfru7p5B8
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Gusington

Ukraine will have to make due with Sean Penn for now - he's filming a documentary over there.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on March 14, 2022, 07:35:43 PM
Ukraine will have to make due with Sean Penn for now - he's filming a documentary over there.

Not anymore...I heard he fled into Poland.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Maybe Baldwin going over to film a movie would scare the Russians back across the border?  :hide:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MengJiao

Quote from: Sir Slash on March 14, 2022, 09:53:54 PM
Maybe Baldwin going over to film a movie would scare the Russians back across the border?  :hide:

I'd be nervous about shooting a movie with him.

Anguille

Quote from: Gusington on March 14, 2022, 07:35:43 PM
Yeah, i think it was at the beginning of the invasion. As JH said, he's not there anymore.

Destraex

An australian "independent" government tv channel perspective on sources.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Jarhead0331

There is so much combat aviation power over Western Europe right now. I truly wish nuclear weapons did not exist or were not part of the equation. In a conventional war, it is so blatantly clear that Russia would get obliterated. It's very frustrating that they have the nuke card.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Sir Slash

I was reading, "Stalin's War On Japan" by Charles Stephenson last night. At the end of the war in Europe in 1945, the Russians didn't tell their soldiers they were being put on trains to go Manchuria to fight the Japanese. They thought they were going home...until the trains kept going and going and going east. So, what's old is new in Russia.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bobarossa

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 15, 2022, 09:23:28 AM
There is so much combat aviation power over Western Europe right now. I truly wish nuclear weapons did not exist or were not part of the equation. In a conventional war, it is so blatantly clear that Russia would get obliterated. It's very frustrating that they have the nuke card.
That card helped save the west during the cold war(at least part of it anyway).  Soviets could have rolled over Europe back then if it were not for our nukes. Difference now is Russia is using it as the aggressor.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: bobarossa on March 15, 2022, 09:52:20 AM
That card helped save the west during the cold war(at least part of it anyway).  Soviets could have rolled over Europe back then if it were not for our nukes. Difference now is Russia is using it as the aggressor.

True...I guess it is a double-edged sword.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Anguille

Quote from: bobarossa on March 15, 2022, 09:52:20 AM
The Soviets had a lot of support from the USA and Allies if i recall right. Don't think they would have been able to win a war against the US back then either.

MikeGER

There is so much combat aviation power over Western Europe right now.

and it will grow , Germany will order 35 F35 and 12 aditional Eurofighter  (to replace/upholster the old Tornado fleet)    ;D