Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

NOW its a proper ostfront fight!
as far as I can tell thats a proper MG42 and not a MG3

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

al_infierno

Another instalment in the series of Russian military blunders:

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-ato/3465606-ukraine-army-destroys-enemy-command-operations-center-eliminates-two-russian-generals.html

"The Armed Forces of Ukraine have destroyed a command operations center of the 49th Combined Arms Army of the Russian Armed Forces, eliminating two enemy generals."

Apparently this also included up to 50 staff officers.  I like to imagine this involved a Ukrainian commander right-clicking an HQ hex and chuckling while he munches some pretzels and downs a beer.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Jarhead0331

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on April 23, 2022, 03:24:23 PM

It's most likely an Italian made MG42/59. They are made by Beretta.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Con

JasonPratt

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 23, 2022, 05:37:43 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on April 23, 2022, 03:24:23 PM

It's most likely an Italian made MG42/59. They are made by Beretta.

Time to unzip some fools charging in!  :D BZZZZZZZT!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Quote from: Gusington on April 23, 2022, 12:40:26 PM
Holy crap on the salvage ship, Kommuna - originally tsarist!!

I just started reading my Mom a novel by H. Rider Haggard (Child of Storm, the second in his Quatermain Zulu Trilogy), published in 1912. I can't wait to tell her that the salvage ship searching to recover the Moskva was laid down the year of this book!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Dammit Carl!

Glib question here: Did we offload our UCP stock to Ukraine or are they doing their own thing?  Does seem to kinda-sorta work well enough and gets them away from the Multicam/OCP glut. 

Pete Dero

Russian authorities have arrested these people outside the Kremlin *for holding invisible signs.
The police noted in their report that the people were arrested because the "invisible signs" had "anti-government inscriptions."  :'(

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Pete Dero on April 24, 2022, 03:58:12 AM
Russian authorities have arrested these people outside the Kremlin *for holding invisible signs.
The police noted in their report that the people were arrested because the "invisible signs" had "anti-government inscriptions."  :'(

Unreal and frightening at the same time.

jamus34

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on April 24, 2022, 08:46:15 AM
Quote from: Pete Dero on April 24, 2022, 03:58:12 AM

Unreal and frightening at the same time.

*if this considered violation of RP rules please delete

Well at least every time I feel our country is going down the path of extremism / fascism / progressiveness I can always look at examples like this and elsewhere and realize it's not that bad.
Insert witty comment here.

Gusington

^I agree with you. Thank God my relatives got the hell out of Eastern Europe when they did.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I hope Putin can see the invisible finger I'm giving him right now.  L:-)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Uberhaus

Well, the authorities can see the Czar's invisible clothes so why can't they read invisible signs?

As to Putin making the sensible choice not to play this game, he really had no choice.  Put very simply, either Putin had to provide the Russians with government that was moving towards democracy and away from corruption with decent economic prospects or just wreck everything for the prospering Ukrainians.  There have been protests in Russia in 2021 over the poisoning of Navalny, in 2015 after the murder of Nemtsov, in 2012 after the very flawed election, and 2006-2007.  With these there was no compromise by Putin but more draconian measures put in place and opponents cowed, jailed or killed.

Putin was installed to protect Yeltsin and the oligarchs from prosecution for corruption.  Who will protect him in the same manner?  Unfortunately, he won't take the advice of the Ukrainian UN ambassador.