Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

fwiw Germany only has 25k rounds for the Gepards.
so the solution is that Brazil has offered to send 300k rounds.  :bd:
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Pete Dero

Just a normal evening on Russian state TV :

On The Evening With Vladimir Solovyov, host Vladimir Solovyov lamented the West's refusal to heed the Kremlin's warnings. "If they decide to support Ukraine—even though [Russia's Foreign Minister] Sergey Lavrov told them that this could lead to WWIII—nothing will stop them. They've decided to play it big... These are the bastards with no morals." Head of RT Margarita Simonyan added: "Personally, I think that the most realistic way is the way of World War III, based on knowing us and our leader, Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin, knowing how everything works around here, it's impossible—there is no chance—that we will give up."

In perhaps the most shocking declaration about a nuclear holocaust delivered on Russian television in recent months, Simonyan concluded that the idea "that everything will end with a nuclear strike, to me, is more probable than the other outcome. This is to my horror, on one hand, but on the other hand, with the understanding that it is what it is." Solovyov chimed in: "But we will go to heaven, while they will simply croak." Simonyan comforted the audiences by adding: "We're all going to die someday."

Once the conversation turned to Western arms deliveries to Ukraine and a series of fires and explosions on Russian territory, Solovyov pondered out loud: "What is preventing us from striking the territory of the United Kingdom, targeting those logistical centers where these arms are being loaded?" Andrey Sidorov, deputy dean of world politics at Moscow State University, retorted that rather than strike the U.K., Russia should target the real mastermind: America. He specified: "If we decide to strike the U.K., we should rather decide to strike the United States... Final decisions are being made not in London, but in Washington. If we want to hit the real center of the West, then we need to strike Washington."

Retired Colonel Yury Knutov. "I've been observing the American approach from its top levels of leadership towards Russia for several years now, for some reason, they believe that Russia can be choked for as long as it takes, until it surrenders, and Russia will never respond or use its nuclear weapons or its nuclear potential...
They themselves are creating the situation when there is a threat to the existence of our nation and our military doctrine prescribes that it gives us the right to use nuclear weapons."

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

If a bit of levity isn't out of line...

I saw a pretty funny comment on Reddit that said "If the Charge of the Light Brigade happened in 2022, the entire Russian Army would be routed."   ;D
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Windigo

Quote from: Gusington on April 27, 2022, 02:29:02 PM
Heh I really do wonder if 88 was picked on purpose.

If you are going to poke the bear, you might as well make a funny while you are doing it.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Dammit Carl!

Not to be that guy (too much), but if Russian nukes are like their current Army offerings, got the feeling that most of them would explode in their silos when launched.

Note: Don't want to see if this is true or not for anyone and everyone involved.

Gusington

^Good point. I feel slightly less nauseous now.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

FarAway Sooner

I think that Russia is acting so unpredictably/illogically right now, there's almost no purpose trying to discern any meaning in anything that Russian state media SAYS.  There's only so much point in trying to even predict what they'll do.

From where I sit, NOT opposing them more directly might be as likely to trigger WW III as opposing them more directly.

Given that accurately predicting the Russian state is impossible, I'd be A LITTLE surprised if they didn't use nukes on targets in Ukraine before they used nukes on targets in a NATO country.  If the Russians want to blow the world up, there's only so much that the rest of us can do to stop them.

FarAway Sooner

Interesting article if not real revolutionary.  The byline:  By now, it's pretty clear that Ukraine has bombarding Russia as part of its defensive campaign around Kiev.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidaxe/2022/04/26/fuel-and-ammo-depots-keep-blowing-up-in-russia-ukraines-ballistic-missiles-might-be-why/?sh=556d19e946c5

jamus34

Here's one of my spicy takes. With how inept the Russian military has show to be does China pull a Germany and invade them? Russia has the raw resources and land China desperately wants and right now I don't think there's a country in the world that would lift a hand to help Russia. 
Insert witty comment here.

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

ArizonaTank

Interesting overview of Russian tank's ammo storage problem. The "Jack-in-the-Box" design flaw. I hadn't heard it called that before...but it works.

Old news for anyone who has done even the most basic study of late 20th century armor, but nice to see it put out there clearly in a concise article.

"Any successful hit ... quickly ignites the ammo causing a massive explosion, and the turret is literally blown off."
The flaw means the tank's crew -- usually two men in the turret and a third driving -- are sitting ducks, said Nicholas Drummond, a defense industry analyst specializing in land warfare and a former British Army officer.
"If you don't get out within the first second, you're toast."

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/27/europe/russia-tanks-blown-turrets-intl-hnk-ml/index.html
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Uberhaus

Quote from: al_infierno on April 27, 2022, 04:06:53 PM
If a bit of levity isn't out of line...

I saw a pretty funny comment on Reddit that said "If the Charge of the Light Brigade happened in 2022, the entire Russian Army would be routed."   ;D

Into the valley of the shadow of dearth??!

Uberhaus

Quote from: Sir Slash on April 26, 2022, 10:33:19 PM
I saw video of Putin today from the Orthodox Easter Service over the weekend. He looked terrible, constantly wetting his lips with his tongue and quivering around his mouth and lips. This looks very similar to Tardive Dyskinesia, an adverse reaction to taking psychotropic meds for long periods of time. He maybe sicker than we know. Or, sly enough to fake it for some unknown reason.  :idiot2:

Oh, he should be on psychotropics but TD can also be caused by anti-parkinson drugs.

GDS_Starfury