Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 30, 2022, 11:01:57 AM
Quote from: ArizonaTank on April 30, 2022, 09:50:51 AM
The "Ghost of Kyiv" was a real pilot? Apparently, he has been killed in combat.

A famed Ukrainian fighter pilot nicknamed the Ghost of Kyiv has died in battle, local sources told The Times of London.

The Ghost of Kyiv first emerged when the Ukrainian government tweeted a video crediting the then-unnamed pilot with shooting down six Russian aircraft on the first day of the war. It has been claimed he went on to shoot down up to 40 Russian aircraft.

His identity has now been revealed as Major Stepan Tarabalka, 29, killed on March 13 when "overwhelming" Russian forces shot down the MiG-29 he was flying, The Times said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/the-ukrainian-fighter-pilot-ace-known-as-the-ghost-of-kyiv-was-killed-in-combat-a-report-says/ar-AAWM5C2?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=c3d1ebd8e74e4e0c98a169a8a507bc1f

https://www.npr.org/2022/03/24/1088446883/remembering-ukrainian-fighter-pilot-war-russia

Very sad to hear he didn't make it.

He was killed on March 13th, a little over two weeks into the war. If the total of 40 kills is correct, that means he was an ace of very rare skill. In history, I think maybe only Hartman gets to 40 kills in 18 days.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aerial_victories_claimed_by_Erich_Hartmann
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

GDS_Starfury

he didnt get 40 kills.   ::)
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

GDS_Starfury

russian May Day parade prep..... what the actual fuck!

Dammit Carl!

Nice.

Nazis' pushed their shit in for 3ish years damn near 80 years ago so why not hump that noise until the sun burns out, right?

GroggyGrognard

"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

GroggyGrognard

I thought you boys would enjoy this:

"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

al_infierno

^ Awesome artwork!

@ the Twitter threads, they may be troopers of a criminal regime, but goddamn do I love to see women in uniforms.    :smitten:
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

GDS_Starfury

GDS_Starfury

GDS_Starfury

Gusington

Can someone explain to me how the images of Russians dressed as Nazis is...antifascist? Am I missing something?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

Sir Slash

That's why, in Russia, there's no tail-gating problems.  :2funny:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.