Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

those losses would have been just a Tuesday morning probe during WW2.
now its a decisive defeat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on May 11, 2022, 07:21:22 PM

True. True.

Con

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on May 11, 2022, 07:51:11 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on May 11, 2022, 07:21:22 PM

True. True.
Actually historically its looking pretty bad for the Russians -  If compared to the Germans in WW2 they have lost more tanks than the Germans lost in the entire year of fighting in 1943 including the Kursk offensive
https://twitter.com/PhillipsPOBrien/status/1522895222547570688?s=20&t=ZoBHy3hQ9IPkfAP0ys954A

GDS_Starfury

Oryx is a much more conservative and verified count.  that list is coming up of 700 tank kills alone.
be that as it may, I'm pretty sure the soviets lost more then 1200 tanks during 1943.   ;)

FarAway Sooner

That looks like an entire BTG of ex-vehicles there.

MikeGER

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on May 11, 2022, 05:54:42 PM

Can you drive an MBT across a modern pontoon bridge?  We must have somebody on this board who served in an engineering brigade somewhere in the last 40 years...

here is how NATO does it: Attack over a river   
(joint exercise Dutch, Brits and Germans forced crossing 100m of Weser River near Minden
two types of bridge building methodes used, ...it takes 20-45 min for a 100m river bridge)

even so Audio is in German,  i bet you guys can enjoy it  ;) 

Pete Dero

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-61420185

Finland will formally announce its decision to apply for Nato membership on Sunday after it has been considered by parliament and other senior political figures.

Sweden has said it will announce a similar decision on the same day.

Speaking to journalists later, Finish President Mr. Niinisto responded to Russian concerns : "You caused this. Look in the mirror".

Putin is getting better at having what he never wanted.

JasonPratt

In post-Soviet Russia, fridges tank you....?

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-says-russia-using-chips-from-dishwashers-in-tanks-sanctions-2022-5

The sanctions have been forcing a computer chip failure in Russian armored equipment, including tanks.

Meanwhile, Russian jet pilots are duck-taping simple GPS receivers to their dashboards, because their onboard equipment sucks so badly!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Fox News reports (via MSN) that Putin may declare victory and call it quits if he can just secure the Kherson region.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russia-has-signaled-intent-to-end-current-phase-of-invasion-cut-losses-with-kherson-referendum-expert/ar-AAXar9t?ocid=entnewsntp&cvid=c27a3334356e42bd86d85eb681dde0d7

Well, y'know, quit "the current phase" of the invasion.  ::) (The phase where he's losing so much of his army, air force, and navy.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

FlickJax

Quote from: JasonPratt on May 12, 2022, 08:25:39 AM
Fox News reports (via MSN) that Putin may declare victory and call it quits if he can just secure the Kherson region.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russia-has-signaled-intent-to-end-current-phase-of-invasion-cut-losses-with-kherson-referendum-expert/ar-AAXar9t?ocid=entnewsntp&cvid=c27a3334356e42bd86d85eb681dde0d7

Well, y'know, quit "the current phase" of the invasion.  ::) (The phase where he's losing so much of his army, air force, and navy.)

What if the Ukranians have something to say about it...

acctingman

Why do I think NATO forces would totally bitch slap Russian forces in a conventional war? :coolsmiley:

Are the Russians really this shitty?

GDS_Starfury

yes, they are.  <:-)

they made themselves out to be 10 feet tall and we believed them for decades.
that belief led us to over train, over engineer and over prepare our military to fight them and win outnumbered on the inter German border.
the result was we have F-22s and M1-a2s and an actual ability to support global logistics.

Gusington

^Has someone, somewhere deep in the Kremlin also absorbed this same lesson?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bobarossa

Quote from: Gusington on May 12, 2022, 11:07:38 AM
^Has someone, somewhere deep in the Kremlin also absorbed this same lesson?
If they did, they're keeping their mouth shut.  Don't want to be an "I told you so" in that environment!