Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeGER and 13 Guests are viewing this topic.

GDS_Starfury

I hear your wallets opening.   :2funny:
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on June 09, 2022, 10:16:46 PM
I hear your wallets opening.   :2funny:

That sound isn't Gusington's wallet.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Sir Slash

Correct. His wallet makes a slow, creaky/squealish noise as it opens. Like when he pulls it out to buy a round at the bar. Along with the lights and sirens.  :hug:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Joke's on me...I don't carry a wallet.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jun/10/were-almost-out-of-ammunition-and-relying-on-western-arms-says-ukraine

Ukraine's deputy head of military intelligence has said Ukraine is losing against Russia on the frontlines and is now almost solely reliant on weapons from the west to keep Russia at bay.
"This is an artillery war now," said Vadym Skibitsky, deputy head of Ukraine's military intelligence. The frontlines were now where the future would be decided, he told the Guardian, "and we are losing in terms of artillery".
"Everything now depends on what [the west] gives us," said Skibitsky. "Ukraine has one artillery piece to 10 to 15 Russian artillery pieces. Our western partners have given us about 10% of what they have."

Ukraine is using 5,000 to 6,000 artillery rounds a day, according to Skibitsky. "We have almost used up all of our [artillery] ammunition and are now using 155-calibre Nato standard shells," he said of the ammunition that is fired from artillery pieces.

"We have noticed that Russia is carrying out far fewer rocket attacks and it has used H-22 rockets; they are old 1970s Soviet rockets," said Skibitsky. "This shows that Russia is running low on rockets."
Skibitsky said Russia was unable to produce rockets quickly because of the sanctions and that it had used around 60% of its supplies.

Ukraine's military intelligence believes that Russia can continue at its current rate without manufacturing more weapons or mobilising the population for another year.

al_infierno

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

MengJiao

Quote from: al_infierno on June 10, 2022, 11:20:35 AM
Putin admitted that the goal of the war is to expand Russian territory:

https://www.businessinsider.com/putin-says-ukraine-war-seize-land-russia-undermines-rationale-2022-6

So all the verbiage about protecting the rights of "separatists" is the pure crap it has always evidently been, apparently.  I guess part of the joke is on the separatist who now
get to not be separate from the Zombie-Orkish realm of the former Soviet Union.  What a surprise.

Gusington

Yeah I'm not really shocked either.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

can NATO get involved now  >:D

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

GDS_Starfury

al_infierno

Another excellent analysis video by Perun, who seems to have found his calling as a military analyst.  In this video he focuses on Russia's apparent shortcomings in the context of being in a "peacetime" conflict (vs. an official war)

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Sir Slash

Nazis' and Drug Addicts all over Ukraine are breathing a huge sigh of relief right now. The war's not about them any more.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GDS_Starfury

a rough breakdown of where the money is going:

Con

Interesting biggest chunk is going back to US arms manufacturers - wonder what that unexpected windfall will do for their capabilities and capital improvements which are sorely needed.

GDS_Starfury