Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uberhaus

He did counter-intelligence for the US Army in WWII.  There's a funny and scary story of him crossing back to friendly lines but I can't find it.
Lately, we don't hear too much from him but he's nearly 100. 

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

JasonPratt

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on July 10, 2022, 06:16:04 PM
remember during summer:  dont leave your tanks outside, they might melt.

Russian tankers have started pre-burying themselves to save time!  >:D

That's a pretty good revetment really -- as long as their rear security infantry are on point.

One tractor sneaking up behind them could ruin their whole day!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

QuoteRussia is moving reserve forces from across the country and assembling them near Ukraine for future offensive operations.
A large proportion of the new infantry units are probably deploying with MT-LB armoured vehicles taken from long-term storage as their primary transport...

Despite President Putin's claim on 07 July 2022 that the Russian military has 'not even started' its efforts in Ukraine, many of its reinforcements are ad hoc groupings, deploying with obsolete or inappropriate equipment.

Gosh, what reserves?!

But I see that true mobilization hasn't started yet. That's great news for Team Uk, and for the world in general.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Dammit Carl!

Re: entrenched tank

Great job with the camo, but would think that things would look odd if viewed from above - like a nice, green splotch in an area of exposed earth.

JasonPratt

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on July 08, 2022, 09:20:48 AM
they wont get past to kamkatchka

At this point, more accurate!  >:D

Quote from: Pete Dero on July 08, 2022, 11:28:12 AM
Quote from: FarAway Sooner on July 08, 2022, 11:03:34 AM
I wish them luck in getting boots on the ground in Alaska.  They hardly even have roads there!

If that's true the Russians should feel at home.

"Where we're going, we don't need... roads."  8)

Heck, until they reach the mainland, there are no useful roads at all! No long bridges bridging the islands.

Quote from: Sir Slash on July 08, 2022, 10:10:17 AM
Uh Oh! Better get the Caribou armed and on Alert Status.  :hide:

On Attu etc., Gus Team Seal has never been more needed!

undercovergeek

I don't think there is any 'from above' as far as Ukraine is concerned is there?

JasonPratt

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on July 11, 2022, 08:18:23 AM
Re: entrenched tank

Great job with the camo, but would think that things would look odd if viewed from above - like a nice, green splotch in an area of exposed earth.

I was just thinking, what does that even look like in today's drone-ish environment?  ??? Like a big splotch of camo, right?

Quote from: undercovergeek on July 11, 2022, 08:20:12 AM
I don't think there is any 'from above' as far as Ukraine is concerned is there?

Man, they have so much dronage, it has become a living meme!

GDS_Starfury

all they did was dig their own grave.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on July 11, 2022, 06:32:19 PM
all they did was dig their own grave.

Yup.  And I'd guess there's more than one "weird green spot," in a cleared area not far from them.  Ooopsies!

-boom

JasonPratt

Again, if you're desperate for a morale boost, why not go all the way..

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russian-party-proposes-replacing-putin-s-title-of-president-with-an-old-russian-word-for-ruler/ar-AAZtFZO?ocid=entnewsntp&cvid=4883f847d08b4ff4ba437fcf24edee19

...and be called the Russian equivalent of Fuehrer?

But that isn't my favorite part. My favorite part is more subtle: the complaint that "president" is a relatively new global term introduced by the US.

It isn't the term that's important, of course, it's the proper function in the government. This is basically an admission that Russia's government isn't a constitutional republic of elected officials meant to counterbalance each other in checks and balances to protect the people from governmental abuse. Or, put more shortly: duh.  ::)

Gusington

They should just get it over with and go for tsar - we all know they want to.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

FarAway Sooner

Isn't that splotch of camo backed up against some trees and other growth?  I don't even wear any camo-themed shirts (unless you count a slightly off-color Boba Fett that my kids got me), but it seems to me like it might look normal.  I have no idea what sort of camera resolution recon drones use, nor how far up in the sky they have to stay to avoid being shot down.

I do hear that Russia is now buying some drones from Iran, so we know that they're moving upscale in their procurement capabilities.  But it doesn't take a lot of fancy technology to aim 2,000 dumb artillery tubes at a big city and blast it to rubble.   :-[

GDS_Starfury

on a battlefield without thermal optics or night vision it would be a real good attempt and concealment.
it todays battlefield its a predug grave.

GDS_Starfury

what your ammo dump looks like after a Himars strike.  :bd: