Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

JasonPratt

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on July 12, 2022, 05:45:05 PM
what your ammo dump looks like after a Himars strike.  :bd:

That's approaching 'acceptable' even by Godzilla's standards!  O0

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on July 12, 2022, 10:47:52 AM
Isn't that splotch of camo backed up against some trees and other growth?

No, otherwise the tank wouldn't be able to back out of its revetment quickly. So there's a good 20 feet or more of muddy dirt behind it. They should have spread the camo back there and also plopped some (easily backed-over) scrub and branches.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

GDS_Starfury

you missed the blue sign pointing right at the tank

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Pete Dero

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on July 13, 2022, 08:24:34 AM

The sign says 'Moct' and that translates to bridge.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Pete Dero on July 13, 2022, 08:46:26 AM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on July 13, 2022, 08:24:34 AM

The sign says 'Moct' and that translates to bridge.

Maybe it's functioning as a turret emplacement to guard a bridge crossing? -- but then why bring th...??

Wait, stop, a lot of this invasion stops at "but why".  ::)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Or, "What Vlad did on his Spring Break". "Followed by Summer Vacation". "Followed by.....
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Pete Dero

Newsflash : white paper is bad for your health !

Russia's Trade Ministry has decided that white copy paper is now dangerous for Russians' health and must be avoided at all costs.

"We have learned that this kind of gleaming, white office paper is harmful to human health," Deputy Trade Minister Oleg Bocharov said.
"It turns out that paper with a rougher texture is better for your eyes."

(Sanctions imposed on Russia since Russian President Vladimir Putin launched the war in Ukraine this February has left paper manufacturers without whitening chemicals for paper)

Newsflash : unfinished cars are better for you !

The automotive industry is feeling the crush of sanctions as well. Popular Russian car company Avtovaz had to stop production of some cars earlier this year because it could not adequately supply the production with certain parts given foreign sanctions, NBC News reported. But this time, the Russians barely tried to justify the problem.
Instead of producing cars with the right parts, they decided to just pump out cars without key safety mechanisms. The company decided to restart production and is now producing cars without safety features like air bags, anti-lock braking systems, and emergency retraction locks on seat belts.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/russias-hilariously-bad-excuses-for-why-everything-sucks-after-vladimir-putin-waged-war-on-ukraine

Gusington

'In Soviet Russia, you kill car accidents, not the other way around.'

:/

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

QuotePopular Russian car company

I assure you no such thing exists.

Pete Dero

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on July 17, 2022, 12:29:47 PM
QuotePopular Russian car company

I assure you no such thing exists.

This is the company that made the Lada.  This car was the popular choice for many Russians.  For most it was the only choice, but still  ;).

GDS_Starfury

any car you could buy for a pair of levis is not a car you want.

oh, and fuck russia.  L:-)

JasonPratt

Quote from: Pete Dero on July 17, 2022, 03:17:55 AM
Popular Russian car company Avtovaz had to stop production of some cars earlier this year because it could not adequately supply the production with certain parts given foreign sanctions, NBC News reported. But this time, the Russians barely tried to justify the problem.

All things considered, I'll be genuinely surprised if the government doesn't start promoting unfinished cars as being patriotic support of the Motherland akin to tank factories during the Great Patriotic War.

That gleaming white paper excuse, meanwhile, deserves to become a meme.

bobarossa

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 17, 2022, 03:03:01 PM
Quote from: Pete Dero on July 17, 2022, 03:17:55 AM
Popular Russian car company Avtovaz had to stop production of some cars earlier this year because it could not adequately supply the production with certain parts given foreign sanctions, NBC News reported. But this time, the Russians barely tried to justify the problem.

All things considered, I'll be genuinely surprised if the government doesn't start promoting unfinished cars as being patriotic support of the Motherland akin to tank factories during the Great Patriotic War.

That gleaming white paper excuse, meanwhile, deserves to become a meme.
There will be one about using old wastepaper as toilet paper soon.  And they'll ask you to recycle that since the new paper isn't white anymore anyway!

JasonPratt

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on July 17, 2022, 02:09:32 PM
any car you could buy for a pair of levis is not a car you want.

As I heard someone joking from the cold war days recently (on one of Bill Whittle's shows), "How bad was communism? It made the Germans build bad cars!"