Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

The Jewish Space Laser was only used once and that was to give Jupiter a circumcision. Be very glad it didn't miss and hit Uranus.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

SirAndrewD

I know that we are always on topic here at Grogheads and to divert from the conversation is virtually unheard of, but I like where this thread has gone.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Windigo

Jewish Space Lasers  are no more capable than Canada's Beaver Catapults - hypersonic delivery of forested ecosystem doom anywhere in the world.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

FarAway Sooner

Wow.  I'm not sure what I expected to find when I clicked on this thread today, but it wasn't this.

I am particularly humbled by Sir Slash's...  creativity.

;D

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Hey, I thought the Jewish Space Lasers were still a secret until Star let the cat outta the bag.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

As Ben Shaprio said, with an amused sigh, "The first rule of the Jewish Space Lasers, is that you don't talk about the Jewish Space Lasers!"

Although, if Israel has satellites in orbit, and if they use lasers for rangefinding and/or mapping, then by deduction...!  8)

Also -- and admittedly I can't prove this is not my imagination instead of memory, because it would be awesome -- but I thought I heard or read somewhere pretty reliable in the past few months, that the US is helping Israel develop an update to the Iron Dome defense system which would use ground-based, um, space lasers for want of a better term.   :coolsmiley:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

GDS_Starfury

I think its more like the US is looking to buy updated Iron Dome systems.
kind of like the US Army buying lots on new Trophy kits for the M1A2 sep4 upgrade.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

ArizonaTank

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

FarAway Sooner

One "benefit" of the US furnishing Ukraine with military hardware is that they're drawing down their stockpiles of some of the less cutting edge stuff.  This way, if the US military has to ever start shooting at an enemy, we can blow them up with $200,000 ATGMs when $40,000 ATGMs would have worked just as well, but without the economic stimulus effect!

I now return you guys to the discussion of the Jewish Space Lasers.

GDS_Starfury

you do realize that our production lines are going to be and have been busy as hell providing skilled jobs right.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

MOS:96B2P

Interesting article.  Below are a few lines from the article.   

During the counteroffensive in the Kherson region, the Ukrainian Armed Forces encircled three battalion tactical groups of the Russian Army, including a special forces (VDV) company and a tank company. Up to 2,000 Russian troops are in the operational encirclement near the village of Vysokopillya.

Russian troops are also facing encirclement near the village of Arkhanhelske, where the Ukrainian military successfully crossed the Ingulets River threatening Russian positions on the left bank.

https://uawire.org/more-than-1-000-russian-troops-encircled-by-ukrainian-forces-in-kherson-region#

FarAway Sooner

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on July 22, 2022, 08:01:00 PM
you do realize that our production lines are going to be and have been busy as hell providing skilled jobs right.

Yes.  My post was intended as both tongue-in-cheek and largely accurate at the same time.

I view our obligations to our military and our allies very seriously, but I view the hardware/procurement angle much more cynically than most here.  The upgrading and refreshing of ordinance is a very real benefit.  It's just also an expensive one. 

I get the sense that most of our military aid to Ukraine has come in the form of reinvestments we're having to make in our own inventories.  I think that's a much smarter use of U.S. tax payer dollars than if we were buying weapons from The Czech Republic or France and sending them to Ukraine.

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on July 24, 2022, 07:36:24 PM
I get the sense that most of our military aid to Ukraine has come in the form of reinvestments we're having to make in our own inventories.  I think that's a much smarter use of U.S. tax payer dollars than if we were buying weapons from The Czech Republic or France and sending them to Ukraine.

yes.  we get the new stuff and Ukraine gets the old.
a great example are the cluster warhead mlrs that we're giving them.

JasonPratt

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on July 22, 2022, 08:01:00 PM

I read that at first as a reply to "I now return you guys to the discussion of the Jewish Space Lasers."  :D  :bd:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!