Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Thinking outside the box here. Vlad needs more men, the Chi Comms have plenty. The Chi Comms need more oil, Vlad has plenty. I could foresee a situation develop where a 100,000-150,000 man Chinese, 'Volunteer' army travels to the Ukraine to completely wipe-out the country side by side with their Russian comrades. Vlad gets the land, the Chinese get the nice mineral goodies there. Without Ukraine's food production, the world faces starvation. Vlad and Ping would LOVE to have it in their possession.

What would the West do? Facing Ping's hordes, not a lot I think.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

I wondered when I first heard it, how much China might be behind the Nork offer to loan some 'volunteers' for the fight.

China's economic voodoo-gaming is about to crash hard, and picking up more mainland in Asia could be a good deal for them vs mouthing off about never letting go of Formosa-province (or whatever they call it).

On the other hand, China might possibly have an even worse logistic problem cooperating with Russia in the Ukraine, than the Norks! -- though they'd surely have the advantage of more citizens knowing Russian and vice versa.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Meanwhile, stumbled on this guy, "The Enforcer", about half an hour ago. He's been following the war news since day 1, and doing extensive digests on about half the days so far (77 vids plus other shorts for footage).

The day-by-day playlist is here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6DlCjT6TnyVdYyxSo1zhBS5n7vQfDSI1
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

GDS_Starfury

ya, that aint happening Slash.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

MengJiao

Quote from: Sir Slash on August 26, 2022, 09:38:10 PM
Thinking outside the box here. Vlad needs more men, the Chi Comms have plenty. The Chi Comms need more oil, Vlad has plenty. I could foresee a situation develop where a 100,000-150,000 man Chinese, 'Volunteer' army travels to the Ukraine to completely wipe-out the country side by side with their Russian comrades. Vlad gets the land, the Chinese get the nice mineral goodies there. Without Ukraine's food production, the world faces starvation. Vlad and Ping would LOVE to have it in their possession.

What would the West do? Facing Ping's hordes, not a lot I think.

The west can go on doing what little it is doing cuz why would China bother?  They are already getting a lot out of the war without doing a thing.  Their economy -- even now -- is the second largest
in the world and more than 10 times the size of Russia's  Only the USA has a larger GDP than China.  Russia isn't even in the top 10 in terms of GDP ranking with the rest of the world.

Tripoli

According to this: https://www.worlddata.info/largest-economies.php Russia is just barely edged out by South Korea for the #10 spot.  HOWEVER, to put this into further context, assuming that Texas was counted as its own country (which, according to many Texans I know, it is  :D), then Texas would edge out both South Korea and Russia for the #10 spot. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Texas#:~:text=As%20a%20sovereign%20country%20(2016,ranking%2026th%20in%20the%20nation.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Tripoli

And right on cue, leftist German politicians are demanding that weapon sales to the Ukraine be stopped in favor of a negotiated settlement.   https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/spd-lawmakers-break-ranks-demanding-scholz-halt-ukraine-weapons-pursue-peace   IMHO, this movement will strengthen politically as energy shortages hit the European consumers.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Pete Dero

Quote from: Tripoli on August 27, 2022, 09:24:52 AM
And right on cue, leftist German politicians are demanding that weapon sales to the Ukraine be stopped in favor of a negotiated settlement.   https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/spd-lawmakers-break-ranks-demanding-scholz-halt-ukraine-weapons-pursue-peace   IMHO, this movement will strengthen politically as energy shortages hit the European consumers.

Negotiating with Putin worked fine so far  :idiot2:.

This is the moment he assures Scholz he will never attack Ukraine.

Sir Slash

That would make one-hell-of-a Wargaming table.  :dreamer:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Sir Slash on August 27, 2022, 10:17:28 AM
That would make one-hell-of-a Wargaming table.  :dreamer:

Imagine the entire 1914 series by Reisch being laid out and played on that table...  :coolsmiley:

steve58

...and the temperatures start dropping.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

MengJiao

Quote from: steve58 on August 27, 2022, 02:41:53 PM
...and the temperatures start dropping.

But it nicer to stay in Khazakhstan:

Russian Force Won't Return From Mission Fearing Ukraine Deployment: Report
Xander Landen - 3h ago (newsweek)

Russian troops in Kazakhstan are refusing to return to Russia because they do not want to be deployed to the war in Ukraine, Ukrainian intelligence officials said Saturday.

Russian troops in Kazakhstan are refusing to return to Russia because they do not want to be deployed to the war in Ukraine , Ukrainian intelligence officials said Saturday.

There are roughly 1,000 Russian troops in Kazakhstan according to Ukraine's Main Directorate of Intelligence of Ukraine's Ministry of Defense. The directorate says that the the military contingent stationed in the country "does not want to replenish the composition of the occupation contingent" in Ukraine, according to a translation of a post on Telegram.

However, it also said that the "formal reason for the refusal is the lack of special air transport, which is fully engaged in the war with Ukraine."

Ukrainska Pravda first reported on the claims from the intelligence officials on Saturday.

In its Telegram post, the directorate said that Moscow does not want to completely withdraw troops from Kazakhstan. The troops were sent to the country in January following rallies against its government. The directorate added that Russia has almost completely withdrawn its troops from nearby Tajikistan and Armenia to support its war in Ukraine.

Gusington

Russia had troops in Armenia??

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on August 27, 2022, 09:36:45 PM
Russia had troops in Armenia??

Watching the ceasefire there, I guess.  But still in Georgia.

Meanwhile:

Kazakhstan's Prime Minister Alijan Smailov on Saturday suspended exports of its military products for a year amid the war in Ukraine.

Smailov, at a meeting of the Commission on Defense Industry Affairs, approved the proposal of the Ministry of Industry "to suspend the export of arms, military equipment and products for military purposes until the end of August 2023," reads the government statement.

According to the missive, the members of the Commission have supported this economic proposal. However, no further details have been provided as to the reason for this measure.

The former Soviet republic, a neighbor and ally of Russia, has avoided taking sides in the Ukrainian conflict, while calling for a peaceful resolution. Kazakh President Kasim Khomart Tokayev urged Moscow and Kiev to engage in dialogue to end the conflict, while offering his country as a mediator of the talks.

"The conflict between Russia and Ukraine has nothing to do with Kazakhstan. We do not support either side. There can be no doubts in this respect," Kazakh Deputy Defense Minister Sultan Kamaletdinov said, as picked up by the Tengrinews news portal.