Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

^That's what I mean. Eventually (might take years) I believe Ukraine can retake all their lost territory, including Crimea. But not this year.

Good point on whether Russia can hold on to it!

And what does the border look like between Ukraine and Russia when the war ends? Will it take the mantle of being the most militarized border in the world from the 38th Parallel in Korea?

I have many questions :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 10, 2022, 02:36:02 PM
well there are report of fighting outside Vovchansk now.
I was wondering where that third punch was going to come from, seems it might be a haymaker along the northern border.

Looks like they're making some pushes there and towards Lysychansk in the south. 

The head of the "DPR" was also evacuated back towards the Russian border.  By the short address he gave from the passenger seat of a car it looked like it was being done fairly quickly.  I'd imagine it was precautionary but you never know right now. 

If the Russians were smart they'd abandon their territory in the far north and form a new defensive line along the natural barriers on an axis from Satvoe to Lysychansk.  That'd significantly shorten their front line and put them far back enough to get prepared defenses in place before the UAF could hit them. 

Doing that would expose a large swath of the Russian border though, and would be all but guaranteeing they won't do another push for Kyiv in the Spring campaign season, so I don't expect it.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Gusington

'If the Russians were smart...'  :2funny:

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

FarAway Sooner

The Russians are saying that they have "withdrawn" from Izium.  I'll be curious to see if we get any numbers from the Ukrainians or Western intelligence sources about how many prisoners were taken. 

Russia continues to play with only half a deck, but it's pretty clear that they're getting their butts kicked locally.  That said, they've only begun to reclaim land that was lost in the East a few months ago.  War is messy, unpredictable business.

As the Russians seem to be learning quickly...

Edit:  I just saw that Kupiansk had fallen also.  That does put a rather major different spin on things.  The Ukrainians do still have to make it back to Lyschansk (sp?), but this is looking a lot less "localized" than it was 24 hours ago.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on September 10, 2022, 02:54:20 PM
'If the Russians were smart...'  :2funny:

Exactly.

If they were smart they never would've launched an invasion over the massive land area that they did in the first place. 

A bit of perspective.  The February invasion took place along a frontage larger than Operation Barbarossa, and yet was conducted with around 1/12 as many troops. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on September 10, 2022, 03:00:56 PM
As the Russians seem to be learning quickly...

they are?  ::)  not trying to be a dick but please... examples?
gold medal in running away without your equipment?
from what Im seeing the French right now are like "FUCK YA WE'RE NOT THE WORST ANYMORE!!!!!!

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gusington

^I think he was being sarcastic.

D is that documented about the size of this disaster being geographically larger than the launch of Barbarossa??

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

Gusington

^He said that just a few posts above.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on September 10, 2022, 03:37:40 PM
D is that documented about the size of this disaster being geographically larger than the launch of Barbarossa??

Yep.  I should've said as large.  Both invasions covered roughly 2800km of land.   

Gusington

Wow. And you'd think Putin would be well-read in Hitler's mistakes.  L:-)

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

Quote from: Gusington on September 10, 2022, 03:50:27 PM

Putin should be pleased.  Denazification is going on right now.  Not in the direction he intended but still.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on September 10, 2022, 03:50:27 PM

Considering they're suffering from many of the same problems the Germans did, lack of supply, hostile locals, inability to sustain combat power along a too long front, I'd say he skipped most of the chapters in the book about the Great Patriotic War.

The Germans at least had larger numbers, good equipment, better overall troop quality and better leadership. 

Gusington

;D

Well I'm almost as giddy as Star at today's news = I just hope Ukraine can keep it going.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd