Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on September 10, 2022, 04:04:11 PM
;D

Well I'm almost as giddy as Star at today's news = I just hope Ukraine can keep it going.

Then you'll love this. 

The legitimate Governor of Luhansk Oblast Serhiy Haidai just dropped this on Facebook: "Lysychnask, a great Ukrainian city. There will be a lot of reconstruction work"

The Ukranians taking Lysychnask and Severodonetsk seems to be the next phase.  If they can do that, that's a huge blow to Russian propaganda and morale.  They bled hard to get those cities and crowed just as hard when they took them.  Those and Mariupol have been about the only victories the Russians have had to hang their hats on.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

GDS_Starfury

some real good GoT vibes here.

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

GDS_Starfury

I haven't had a bullshit armchair general wardick like this since 91'!

SirAndrewD

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 10, 2022, 04:56:52 PM
I haven't had a bullshit armchair general wardick like this since 91'!

Same.

I imagine the majority of us on here could plan and conduct a war better than the Russians have.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

Does that red patch of the plague doctor on the girl in the pic above mean she's a medic?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

Quote from: Gusington on September 10, 2022, 05:30:27 PM
Does that red patch of the plague doctor on the girl in the pic above mean she's a medic?

She also has a red cross so I imagine that's the case.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Uberhaus

It's a tourniquet.  You can see the E: from TIME: where you write in the time of application.  Elevation, direct pressure to major artery/vein often isn't enough to control massive haemorrhage from traumatic injuries.  Hopefully, everyone is being issued one.

al_infierno

Quote from: Uberhaus on September 10, 2022, 07:02:47 PM
It's a tourniquet.  You can see the E: from TIME: where you write in the time of application.  Elevation, direct pressure to major artery/vein often isn't enough to control massive haemorrhage from traumatic injuries.  Hopefully, everyone is being issued one.

Would a standard GI have a big red-cross patch on their standard-issue tourniquet, though?  That seems like it could easily cause some Geneva confusion by misrepresenting the soldier as a medic.  I'm woefully uninformed on the issue however.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

GDS_Starfury

if you think red cross emblems mean anything to russians I have some swampland to sell you.

Uberhaus

I'm no expert. It's a small symbol, probably came stitched on the pouch.  The medic symbols are large when one hopes the enemy will respect its protections.  Historically, they have been removed when medics are targetted.

Both sides are also wearing bright colours on arms and legs to prevent fratricide.

GDS_Starfury

al_infierno

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 10, 2022, 07:30:17 PM
if you think red cross emblems mean anything to russians I have some swampland to sell you.

Good point, I wouldn't be surprised if the red cross is used for target practice in Moscow.

- MengJiao

SirAndrewD

Wow. well, the entire Russian front north of the separatist oblasts is collapsing. 

The UAF are taking towns one after the other in the far north.  Videos show Russian troops abandoning their positions. 

And just now...I'd mentioned earlier if I were the Russians I'd put up a defensive line at Svatove...well, they're withdrawing from there too. 

They may be pulling back only to the separatist lines.  That's wild.  No one could've anticipated that kind of collapse.