Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

... the UAFs are now at part of the Ukraine/Soviet border. (New wargame scenario to simulate - I like to call it, "HIMARS at the Border"

And the UAFs now control ,or threaten, a big chunk of the logistical/ supply routes to the south.

And now I am nail-biting waiting for the inevitable counterattack.... but it seems the Soviets are pissing men and materials away elsewhere?!

Twitter is stating the the Soviets are actually still doing some offensive operations down south. If true... WTF? Won't they need those troops to re-establish supply lines? Am I missing something? I mean other than how stupid things seem to be?

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Windigo

Quote from: W8taminute on September 12, 2022, 09:59:28 AM
I can totally understand why he's thinking about the next offensive and not her.  She's not even that hot.

Give her a tube of lip-gloss... then say that...  <:-)

Sir Slash

I suspect Putin will find some Fall-Guy in the army to blame all this on in time, not now, because the Glorious Russian Army is beating-back the Nazi Drug-Addict Hordes to save Mother Russia. But in time a few heads will roll and they'll try to figure-out what the hell went wrong. Then they will be back, like Arnold. Question is, will the army take it's spanking or will they start looking homeward for the real cause of their woes.  :-\
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Windigo

That would take a bigger drunk than Boris Yeltsin to say "Fuck It!" and start rolling tanks east.

Tripoli

War on the Rocks just posted a podcast of an interview with CNA analyst Mike Kofman: UKRAINE'S KHARKHIV OPERATION AND THE RUSSIAN MILITARY'S BLACK WEEK

https://warontherocks.com/2022/09/ukraines-kharkhiv-operation-and-the-russian-militarys-black-week/?__s=xlwaqxfp3j5d8o2leqan 

It is a pretty wide-ranging interview of the past week's events, but well worth the 45 minutes to listen to.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

GDS_Starfury

kherson might be about to fall as well.  reports of some units negotiating surrender terms right now.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

W8taminute

Quote from: Windigo on September 12, 2022, 11:00:25 AM
Quote from: W8taminute on September 12, 2022, 09:59:28 AM
I can totally understand why he's thinking about the next offensive and not her.  She's not even that hot.

Give her a tube of lip-gloss... then say that...  <:-)

Haha!  Well I can't argue against that.   ;)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

SirAndrewD

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 12, 2022, 12:19:30 PM
kherson might be about to fall as well.  reports of some units negotiating surrender terms right now.

Apparently negotiating separately from their high command.

If this pans out that could be the start of a general collapse.  I was hoping for the mutinies to start coming and breaking the Russian's back.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

For some news about the other side..

CNN reporting that the Russians are launching a counterattack at Kupiansk, trying to take advantage of the Ukrainians being disorganized from the success of their advance.

If the Russians can't hold the west side of Kupiansk they can't hold the new defensive line they're trying to build in the east bank of the Oskil.  Even with no bridges intact, the river around Kupiansk is easily fordable by Ukrainian equipment, so this engagement could be decisive to if the Ukrainians can further exploit their momentum and get over the Oskil.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Pete Dero

Quote from: Sir Slash on September 12, 2022, 11:02:32 AM
I suspect Putin will find some Fall-Guy in the army to blame all this on in time, not now, because the Glorious Russian Army is beating-back the Nazi Drug-Addict Hordes to save Mother Russia. But in time a few heads will roll and they'll try to figure-out what the hell went wrong. Then they will be back, like Arnold. Question is, will the army take it's spanking or will they start looking homeward for the real cause of their woes.  :-\

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/russia-fires-berdnikov-commander-ukraine-war-kharkiv-b2165023.html

Putin 'fires army commander after just 16 days' amid major losses in Kharkiv.

Lieutenant General Roman Berdnikov was appointed to the position of commander of Russian army's Western Military District on 26 August, replacing Lieutenant General Sychecvy.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Pete Dero on September 12, 2022, 01:26:13 PM
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/russia-fires-berdnikov-commander-ukraine-war-kharkiv-b2165023.html

Lieutenant General Roman Berdnikov was appointed to the position of commander of Russian army's Western Military District on 26 August, replacing Lieutenant General Sychecvy.

Why fire him when the entire operation was just a planned withdrawal from a strategically unimportant sector?

Pete Dero

Quote from: SirAndrewD on September 12, 2022, 01:42:53 PM
Quote from: Pete Dero on September 12, 2022, 01:26:13 PM

Why fire him when the entire operation was just a planned withdrawal from a strategically unimportant sector?

They didn't withdraw fast enough ?

FarAway Sooner

I'm trying really hard not to get my hopes up.  If, in fact, the Russian Army is mutinying, that is great news.  I do wonder what might push Russia to start using tactical nukes in an effort to salvage the situation?

As much as I rejoice at the current news, I still worry about the future.

JasonPratt

Quote from: JasonPratt on September 12, 2022, 07:53:26 AM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 11, 2022, 02:56:07 PM

I'm sure some part of Crimea can be named "Kremlin".  >:D

Wait, wait...! -- my joke has now been overtaken by recent events: the Uks have raised the flag over Kreminna yesterday!  :bd: (In Luhansk.)

Apparently the 'president' or leader or whatever he is of Luhansk didn't resign fast enough.  >:D

"If I was planning suicide, you would tell me, right boss?" -- that joke should have featured a "yes" reply.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!