Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

QuoteIt'll be interesting to see where this stops.  Were I Ukraine, I think I would cross the Russian border by 5 or 10 miles in a few key places, then stop and channel their attacks elsewhere.  It would drive home to the Russian people the fact that Putin's Army had been vanquished in the Northeast, but deny Russia the whole "We're fighting for our survival" excuse to go nuclear.

fwiw the governor or whatever its called in Belgorod told the border towns to evacuate.

QuoteIMO there should have been 100s of sorties a day.

they actually have been running between 100 to 250 a day.  the issue is that they arent strike packages, nor are they coherent and theyre using dumb munitions.  NATO for comparison  would be running at least 500 if not more.
some napkin math:  210 days at an average of 150 sorties a day for russia in merely 31500 sorties spread out over the entirety of the a 1200 mile front.  in the first month of the second Iraqi war we ran 41400 in a much more coordinated fashion.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

GDS_Starfury

good read:

https://kyivindependent.com/national/with-successful-kharkiv-operation-ukraine-turns-the-war-in-its-favor

Illia Ponomarenko has become THE standout journalist of this conflict.  expect to be reading his books about it in the future.

Gusington

'NATO does not want to see German Marders rolling through undisputedly Russian territory.'

^The great fear (Russian fear) that started this whole thing!!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Skoop

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 13, 2022, 07:55:46 PM
good read:

https://kyivindependent.com/national/with-successful-kharkiv-operation-ukraine-turns-the-war-in-its-favor

Illia Ponomarenko has become THE standout journalist of this conflict.  expect to be reading his books about it in the future.

Tucker just caters to the magahatters.  Their platform is anything to make Biden look bad at any cost, including throwing Ukraine under the bus.  You can't get through to them that this affects the next 50 years but hey......thank god the Ukrainians are making head way and silencing the nay sayers.  I even have seen intel experts say that the fsb is trying to influence  western conservatives like the lepens and trumps.  So if your a magahatter and your on some poopoo anti Ukraine rant, you gota ask yourself......am I doing Putin's work ?

GDS_Starfury

with all the various western equipment currently in the Ukraine I can only imagine the efforts of their logistic system as is it.
when its all over and theyve won theyll have all the best of western tanks and apcs.  now isnt the time to add that logistic
burden. 

Skoop

Quote from: Gusington on September 13, 2022, 08:34:12 PM
'NATO does not want to see German Marders rolling through undisputedly Russian territory.'

^The great fear (Russian fear) that started this whole thing!!

Well.....Sweden and Finland to nato kinda of means this war has no point anymore.  Russia cut off it's nose to spite it's face.

GDS_Starfury

in 1989 I never thought I'd get to see the soviet union fall twice.   <:-)

GDS_Starfury

its just so fun to keep reading.  :hug:

GroggyGrognard

Quote from: Skoop on September 13, 2022, 08:35:16 PM
good read:

Tucker just caters to the magahatters.  Their platform is anything to make Biden look bad at any cost, including throwing Ukraine under the bus.  You can't get through to them that this affects the next 50 years but hey......thank god the Ukrainians are making head way and silencing the nay sayers.  I even have seen intel experts say that the fsb is trying to influence  western conservatives like the lepens and trumps.  So if your a magahatter and your on some poopoo anti Ukraine rant, you gota ask yourself......am I doing Putin's work ?

According to the Washington Post, and what the intelligence community has known about for years, you are doing Putin's work.

https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1569786833453850624?s=20&t=RUFVXWcxoURt2SfgLQlVvg

Groggy
"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

GDS_Starfury

1. its inside a paywall

2. outside the scope of this thread.

its been extremely difficult to not get into the whole political spectrum of this and get me banned and JH stroking out.

Sir Slash

Gee Star, I'm sorry if I spoiled the woody you had about killing Russians. My question was an honest one concerning the possible continuing war and the possibility of the Ukraine having too much land to defend effectively. In other words, to you the most dangerous kind, one you don't agree with. My question didn't come from Tucker Carlson. It came out of my own feeling that this war isn't over. Russia still has a whole hell of a lot of men, tanks, planes, and rockets. And Nukes. If they have the will to continue, they certainly can, even with all the experts saying they cannot. So how does wondering about strategies openly constitute treason in some people's minds? It's because people like that think for themselves instead of following blindly what self-loving loudmouths spout.

Watching Tucker Carlson doesn't make you a Putin-Lover or a voice for the Kremlin. That was actually Hillary that paid for Russian dis-information remember? And just for the record, Tucker's been right a hell-of-a-lot more often than you have Star. But nearly as funny I'm sure. 
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GroggyGrognard

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 13, 2022, 10:39:02 PM
1. its inside a paywall

2. outside the scope of this thread.

its been extremely difficult to not get into the whole political spectrum of this and get me banned and JH stroking out.

Fair point.

In my defense, it was purely a reply to:

1. Tucker

2. magahatters

3. "intel experts say that the fsb is trying to influence western conservatives"

I'll keep my future posts in the realm of the war.
"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

Crossroads

Oryx lists 101 visually confirmed tank losses during the Organised Regrouping Definitively Not A Rout of the RuAF for the past week.

Would be interesting to have a listing of how many of those were captured. So going back with Wayback Machine to Tuesday last week, Oryx lists 1010 lost tanks (+102) and 291 (+62) captured tanks.

That's two tank battalions supplied to Ukraine. Not everyone will be in running condition of course, then again, these are just the visually confirmed losses.

Quote#UkraineWar: #Russia is visually confirmed to have lost 101 tanks in the past seven days 🇷🇺

https://twitter.com/oryxspioenkop/status/1569809013675630594
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Crossroads

good read:

Another great summary of the Kharkiv operation so far by Mykola Bielieskov who can be found at twitter as @MBielieskov

Ukrainian Balakliya-Kupyansk Offensive: Sequence of Events, Mechanics and Consequences

Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY