Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirAndrewD

These Russian "Oligarchs" need to invest some of that super yacht money into railings and low sodium diets.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

al_infierno

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 13, 2022, 10:39:02 PM

its been extremely difficult to not get into the whole political spectrum of this and get me banned and JH stroking out.

You could start by not randomly bringing Tucker Carlson into this thread
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

SirAndrewD

Quote from: al_infierno on September 14, 2022, 01:49:27 PM

I'd give real money if that guys name would stop coming up.   

Here, I'll try this...

The Russians are doomed!  Look who has joined the fight...

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Pete Dero

Quote from: SirAndrewD on September 14, 2022, 01:54:32 PM

I'd give real money if that guys name would stop coming up.   

I threw out all my country records of his sister Tanya  ;).

Pete Dero

https://www.thedailybeast.com/its-now-65-russian-officials-who-are-demanding-vladimir-putins-ouster

Just days after Russian officials in St. Petersburg and Moscow openly called for President Vladimir Putin to give up power, the tally of elected officials demanding the Russian leader's ouster has jumped to 65.
That's according to Kseniya Torstryem, one of the St. Petersburg deputies who is collecting signatures for the initiative. Now, municipal deputies from Samara, Yakutsk, Veliky Novgorod, and Voronezh have also joined the appeal.

The district council in St. Petersburg that first took the initiative and called for Putin to be tried for treason is already set to be dissolved on orders of a city court, and one of its members has been hit with a fine for "discrediting" the powers that be.

GDS_Starfury

QuoteRussia definitely still has a whole hell of a lot of men -- mobilization hasn't kicked in yet.

ya, so many military able people that wagner is recruiting from prisons.   ::)
https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarVideoReport/comments/xe6s0v/wagner_recruiting_convicts_inside_russian_prison/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

and not really able to mobilize either.  :DD
https://twitter.com/i/status/1569712907604082688
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 13, 2022, 10:39:02 PM

its been extremely difficult to not get into the whole political spectrum of this and get me banned and JH stroking out.

then maybe he shouldnt be paraphrased.   ;)

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

GDS_Starfury

back to whats actually happening.
seems the soviets blew up the dam upstream on the Ingulets river. 
kind of a desperate move as the current is washing away everyone bridging equipment.
two videos and one map.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1570096011967713281
https://twitter.com/i/status/1570115126233268224

Sir Slash

Damn. Russia really needs a serious OSHA Dept. soon. It's only gonna get slipperier in the winter with all the ice.   ^-^
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GDS_Starfury

they need more copium.
hows this coming out of russian forces around Kherson.

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Sir Slash on September 14, 2022, 06:36:43 PM
Damn. Russia really needs a serious OSHA Dept. soon. It's only gonna get slipperier in the winter with all the ice.   ^-^

they seem to need guard rails and window locks more.

GDS_Starfury

how bad is this for barrel wear?

GDS_Starfury

MengJiao

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 15, 2022, 08:25:02 AM
Prepare for Russia itself to disintegrate

https://archive.ph/cie8V

maybe

It's funny that the author of the piece thinks we (the west?  Why not China?  I think China is already happily picking up the pieces of Asia that Russia is dropping) should be ready for the
Russian Federation to collapse.  Think of all those nukes just sitting around somewhere in the collapsing mess, right.

To give Putin some credit, turning Ukraine into another Belarus was a gamble worth taking and that was probably part of his plan to avoid a collapse.  Ironically -- as often happens -- the measures
to avoid the collapse are probably accellerating it.  But just how far down the road to collapse is the Russian Federation?  It seems like they could still clear out of Ukraine and salvage most of the
situation.  Of course apparently that's not going to happen so...Hello China, good-bye Russian Federation, I guess.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 14, 2022, 06:49:00 PM
how bad is this for barrel wear?

He'll never get that shell in that magazine!
Alba gu' brath