Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tripoli

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on September 21, 2022, 09:49:27 AM
:o

Our handling of China has been equally short-sighted, even if the warning signs from China have not been quite so blatant.

I would beg to disagree (regarding the warning signs, not the short-sided part..... :)
https://www.china-arms.com/2022/08/china-missiles-fly-over-taiwan/

However, this little diversion into non-Ukraine issues gives me a opportunity to briefly hijack this thread to give an update on the SHIPSTRIKE system.  I think we talked about it last spring.  Basically, it is a way of making a JDAM into a highly potent ship killer.  It would be of use if 1)  Ernst Blofeld had a mind-controlling satellite constellation uplink facility on a converted containership 13 miles off the US coast, or 2) If some hypothetical east Asian country was to mobilize thousands of RO/ROs, ferries and small to mid sized merchant vessels to lift corps-sized amphibious follow on forces to a destination, say, 90 miles off its coast.....

Here's the video.  Wait to the end and see just how fast that ship sinks....  To quote the gCaptain writer who posted this "I don't know about you but seeing how fast that ship went down made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up."

https://twitter.com/i/status/1571897735254798336
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Windigo

Quote from: SirAndrewD on September 21, 2022, 01:19:56 AM
My ex-wife used to enjoy this with me when I'd wax on to all hours at night about the threat of Russia and she humored me while dreaming of getting tats, dying her hair and sleeping with women.

.... damn
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Pete Dero

Quote from: W8taminute on September 21, 2022, 09:53:31 AM
Quote from: Gusington on September 21, 2022, 09:46:12 AM
Health event you say?

Yeah I saw an article on The Sun website saying he had a coughing fit and chest pains last night.

Gravity is strong in Russia.  Could cause chest pains or worse.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/russian-aviation-scientist-anatoly-gerashchenko-falls-to-his-death-in-latest-plunge-mystery

Russian news outlet Izvestia, citing an unnamed source, reported that Gerashchenko "fell from a great height" and careened down several flights of stairs. He was reportedly pronounced dead at the scene.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Windigo on September 21, 2022, 10:37:42 AM
.... damn

Well, there's a reason she's "ex".  O0

I upgraded to an older yet much hotter model. 

COUGAR TOWN!
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Pete Dero

Quote from: SirAndrewD on September 21, 2022, 11:20:45 AM
.... damn

Well, there's a reason she's "ex".  O0

I upgraded to an older yet much hotter model. 

COUGAR TOWN!

Don't tell me you are dating Courtney Cox  >:(.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Pete Dero on September 21, 2022, 12:11:19 PM

Ok I won't tell you that.  8)
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on September 21, 2022, 12:21:24 PM
^You are my Hero of the Day.

I'm not the hero you deserve but I'm the one you need.

Pete Dero

Quote from: SirAndrewD on September 21, 2022, 12:14:22 PM
Quote from: Pete Dero on September 21, 2022, 12:11:19 PM

Ok I won't tell you that.  8)

No problem.  I'll ask her myself next weekend  :coolsmiley:.

Con

Quote from: SirAndrewD on September 21, 2022, 01:19:56 AM
My ex-wife used to enjoy this with me when I'd wax on to all hours at night about the threat of Russia and she humored me while dreaming of getting tats, dying her hair and sleeping with women.

.... damn
Apparently I share the same dream

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Pete Dero on September 21, 2022, 12:48:19 PM

I honestly might be a bit biased, but I really honestly think she's hotter than Courtney Cox. 

And she's loaded and on a Military pension.

Not really sure how I landed this one. She's a nerd too and we're watching Andor tonight.

Anyway...enough there, back to the impending destruction of the planet in Nuclear Armageddon.  A veritable War of a Madman's Making!

Jarhead0331

Quote from: SirAndrewD on September 21, 2022, 12:57:36 PM
Quote from: Pete Dero on September 21, 2022, 12:48:19 PM

Not really sure how I landed this one.

Because she knows you're a Groghead and we get all the ladies.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

JasonPratt

Well, while Andrew is partially mobilizing...  ^-^

Oy, Putin's talk of "partially" mobilizing makes me edgy.

On one hand, it depends on what he means by 'partial'. If all he's after is legal cover to mess with the contracts of boots already on the ground, fine.

On the other hand, if he means anything like real mobilization, in Soviet {cough} Russia there is no such thing as "partial" mobilization. It might take two years, but full is on the way.

On yet the OTHER hand: mobilizing without the logistics in place to support mobilization, is basically national suicide. Civil war time?

I think someone upthread already mentioned this, but just in case: "how to leave Russia" has started massively spiking on Google and other engine searches. ;)

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-leave-russia-google-searches-spike-putin-military-mobilization-2022-9

Ukraine's MoD continues winning the meme war along the way, but this is not really news.  >:D

QuoteThe russians were given 12 hours of rest, so Google could answer all the questions, including the question of what is the average life expectancy of a russian soldier in Ukraine.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!