Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crossroads

Russia running out of modern weaponry is fake news shared by the degenerate west with a purpose of deluting the minds of peaceful workers and peasants.

These are not - and I repeat not - Mosin Nagant M91s of the 1891 design.

They are in fact Mosin Nagant M91/30s, indeed modernised in 1930s, and not the old ones. So there.

(What is going on there how come they don't have AK's of older variants if not the latest ones  :o )

source:

QuoteRuskies with the rifles from 1914

https://twitter.com/golub/status/1573228485543432196

Edit: Winter caps, no leaves on trees, maybe this is an say April drill for the May 5th parade. This does not really make sense otherwise. So this might be fake news, actually.
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Crossroads

^ More pictures of Mosin Nagants in active use  :o

edit original uncropped photo so at least a few AKs around too:

Quote"When the one with the rifle gets killed, the one who is following picks up the rifle and SHOOTS!"

https://twitter.com/vcdgf555/status/1573136922163421185

CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Staggerwing

Those guys have got all the latest gear- gym bags, cheap back packs, and on the right even a department-store shopping bag...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Crossroads

Quote from: Staggerwing on September 23, 2022, 05:37:16 AM
Those guys have got all the latest gear- gym bags, cheap back packs, and on the right even a department-store shopping bag...
No leaves on trees on neither photograph, so despite tweeted today, I believe these both are old pictures from say early spring.

Staggerwing

So by now thew new recruits are probably getting paper grocery bags
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Pete Dero

Quote from: Crossroads on September 23, 2022, 06:16:48 AM
No leaves on trees on neither photograph, so despite tweeted today, I believe these both are old pictures from say early spring.

Original source : https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1248637500588949505 : Cadets at a Military Medical Academy in St. Petersburg have continued to rehearse for the Victory Day Parade (2020).

So : fake indeed.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Pete Dero on September 23, 2022, 07:13:10 AM
Quote from: Crossroads on September 23, 2022, 06:16:48 AM

Original source : https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1248637500588949505 : Cadets at a Military Medical Academy in St. Petersburg have continued to rehearse for the Victory Day Parade (2020).

So : fake indeed.

Yeah...I wonder about these types of pictures as well, and I don't really put much consideration into them.

When I was in ROTC in the 80s, we occasionally trained with inert Springfields...and we probably toted around some strange looking luggage as well. If the Soviets ever got a picture of us, I'm sure they had a good laugh at the 'American cadets training for WWI.' 

I think the pictures that count are the ones taken from the front lines. If you see a unit of guys on the front line with Mosins...that would be something to really consider.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Pete Dero

Quote from: ArizonaTank on September 23, 2022, 08:22:10 AM
I think the pictures that count are the ones taken from the front lines. If you see a unit of guys on the front line with Mosins...that would be something to really consider.

You shouldn't laugh at Russians for fake images. There are plenty of real images to laugh at  ;).

JasonPratt

Russia: Of course we don't use weapons from long ago, that would be silly.

Also Russia: UNLEASH THE T-60s!  :bd:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

nelmsm

That second picture they look like they were scoped so maybe they were the detachment snipers?

ArizonaTank

Quote from: JasonPratt on September 23, 2022, 09:06:10 AM
Russia: Of course we don't use weapons from long ago, that would be silly.

Also Russia: UNLEASH THE T-60s!  :bd:

Don't know about T-60s. I think those go back a little too far...even for Putin.

But the T-62s do seem to be on the move.

As in this very recent video:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/video-shows-old-russian-tanks-taken-out-of-storage-to-be-used-in-ukraine/ar-AA12al7f
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Windigo

Quote from: SirAndrewD on September 22, 2022, 04:14:39 PM
Quote from: Gusington on September 22, 2022, 04:00:21 PM
I'm not trying to be funny but I thought Eritrea was better than that. Nicaragua too. Guess I better read up.

You shouldn't think that. 

Nicaragua is under Ortega, the Sandinista dictator from the 80's that was fought against by the US backed Contras.  The people of Nicaragua wanted him despite years of CIA funded wars to depose him.  He's very, very anti-American and pro Russia, the Soviets always supported him.

Eritrea is under Isaias.  Another dictatorship that is highly tied to Moscow.  Isaias has made a habit of eliminating his opposition brutally an and solidifying his regime.

Off topic, but if you look at Nicaraguan history, there are reasons for the anti-american sentiment.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Sir Slash

History-Smistory. Ortega needs no history to enslave his own people. He was a stooge of the Soviets, now he's a stooge of Putin and the PRC. If there were no history, he'd invent it to hate America. I remember the T-62's as being fairly good tanks for their day. Or was that the T-64?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

JasonPratt

And now for today's entry in the JfingCRussia news:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/nuclear-war-already-a-given-says-russian-tv-everyone-will-be-destroyed/ar-AA129Wfo?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=U531&cvid=108973e08e274630ad85a3ae3502f02e

The key point of propaganda here, is that Putin is trying to position things (for his population) that the United States and the West generally, plus Ukraine, want to see Russia destroyed; and the only way to destroy Russia is with nuclear weapons (probably not true at this point!); thus Putin is declaring that he will use nukes, too (or maybe first) so that everyone will be destroyed if Russia will be destroyed.

Of course, this translates over to Putin using nukes if he thinks (or even feels) like his regime will be destroyed, since that would be the equivalent of the West using nukes on Russia in its functional consequences. (Even though he insists the only way to take out his regime, thus 'destroying' Russia, would be to use nukes on him.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!