Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

I know many very proud native born Russians who still have many family members in Russia and none of them support the war or see it as anything other than unjustified naked aggression by Putin.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Anguille

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 28, 2022, 09:28:34 AM
I know many very proud native born Russians who still have many family members in Russia and none of them support the war or see it as anything other than unjustified naked aggression by Putin.
Obviously many are or were afraid to express themselves so far in Russia.

I think there's also part of Stockholm syndrom when you're so exposed to propaganda and lies.

GDS_Starfury

from russian milbloggers so take with some salt:

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

mobilization goes well, putin remains the master strategist!

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

GDS_Starfury

GDS_Starfury

the Ukraine will now get another 18 HiMars systems along with all those rockets we wont use anymore.  <:-)

Jarhead0331

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 28, 2022, 12:36:26 PM

The most interesting thing to me in this photo is that you have three different types of mags in those AKs manufactured from entirely different factories. This may reflect on supply and logistics issues.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

W8taminute

^The magazine on the far left looks like the one they use for the AKS whilst the one on the far right looks more like the one used for the AK-47.  I wonder if the magazines are interchangeable with the different models?

That being said that picture depicts a level of unprofessionalism.  Shouldn't every last bit of kit be uniform? 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Windigo

Quote from: JasonPratt on September 27, 2022, 08:10:35 PM
The moment the first Russian nuke goes off, they're out of the Security Council at least -- not necessarily out of the UN per se. But practically every nation (except Cuba maybe ;) ) will ally against them. This is what he is willing to do; this is what you can expect. Make your choice.

It's interesting that politically Cuba is still close to Russia. I know while vacationing in Cuba, there is NO love for the Russians from the Cuban people.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Windigo

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 28, 2022, 01:08:40 PM
the Ukraine will now get another 18 HiMars systems along with all those rockets we wont use anymore.  <:-)

Defending one's homeland seems to be a pretty good use of them to me.

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 28, 2022, 12:36:26 PM

I'm no expert on Russian insignia, but I think the guy in the center with the pistol on his belt is a "Senior Lieutenant" (three small stars on his shoulders).

The joke will write itself (FYI, I have a nice head of white hair myself).
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

bobarossa

He looks like he's wondering if he's older than the gun.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: W8taminute on September 28, 2022, 02:00:30 PM
^The magazine on the far left looks like the one they use for the AKS whilst the one on the far right looks more like the one used for the AK-47.  I wonder if the magazines are interchangeable with the different models?

That being said that picture depicts a level of unprofessionalism.  Shouldn't every last bit of kit be uniform?

Yes. All AK47 magazines are interchangeable, but the differences are based upon the factory in which they are manufactured, not necessarily for the particular model of rifle. My brother went through a phase were he was obsessed with collecting AK mags. He is basically an encyclopedia of knowledge on them. I would need to see the factory stamps to see where these three were made, but the one on the left, if Russian, probably comes from the Izhmash or Tula factory. The one in the middle looks like either an early Izhmash Spine Stamped or a slab side...it's hard to tell because of the angle its being held at and the one on the right I can't identify because I can't see the bottom.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Con

Couple of things spring to mind
1. No recruit with 2 days training will be able to do this
2. Where was all his support - The Ukrainians had 5 soldiers to his one
3. All that bullshit I had in basic on learning to fire at targets at 400 yard distance with controlled stances and breathing is out the window - everyone is within knife fighting range