Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 05, 2022, 11:26:10 AM
those are ALL from civilians.

I'm not denying that this may be the case, and it may even be probable, but, I mean...how can anyone definitely know such a thing? 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JasonPratt

I forgot to post this last week -- it's the lead media propagandist in Russia (I forget his name but we've seen him before leading roundtables), who looks like he woke up to reality crushing down upon him that morning...

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarVideoReport/comments/xrmsa7/putins_top_propagandist_is_showing_off_the/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

...it's kind of hilarious. And sad. But not very sad because he could be drafted instead.  >:D

I'll see if I can get a more recent take from his show almost a whole week later... oh, yeah, here we go, this was posted 8 hours ago:

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarVideoReport/comments/xw5yk8/meanwhile_on_russian_state_tv_grim_predictions/

That reddit channel is a gold mine, as I think several people here know already!  :bd: (I wasn't paying sufficient attention earlier, I expect.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Windigo

Quote from: Anguille on October 05, 2022, 10:29:35 AM
That's disgusting....the lowest possible.

Truth, empathy and respect for the enemy... early casualties in any conflict
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: JasonPratt on October 05, 2022, 12:43:09 PM
I'll see if I can get a more recent take from his show almost a whole week later... oh, yeah, here we go, this was posted 8 hours ago:

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarVideoReport/comments/xw5yk8/meanwhile_on_russian_state_tv_grim_predictions/

That reddit channel is a gold mine, as I think several people here know already!  :bd: (I wasn't paying sufficient attention earlier, I expect.)

I think it is interesting that the Russian field reporter keeps looking up and to the right... especially when the anchor told him to 'give her the truth'... classic liar body language...

They seem to setting the expectation that things 'are not going to be good for the next several months.' Also that they can't just throw the 300k troops into the fight without preparation. They don't have "Baghdad Bob" syndrome.

As a side note, I read somewhere that national media personnel were exempted from conscription because they are considered to be part of a 'critical industry.'
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 05, 2022, 11:34:54 AM

I'm not denying that this may be the case, and it may even be probable, but, I mean...how can anyone definitely know such a thing?

gee, I dont know....  mass graves, eye witness accounts from survivors, video footage taken by russians.
your lack of outrage it telling.  which side are you rooting for here?

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

al_infierno

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 05, 2022, 01:32:19 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 05, 2022, 11:34:54 AM

gee, I dont know....  mass graves, eye witness accounts from survivors, video footage taken by russians.
your lack of outrage it telling.  which side are you rooting for here?

Come on, man, this is just childish bickering.  JH has made it abundantly clear which side he supports on a moral level.  His points are perfectly valid and just because he's not literally crying with rage doesn't mean he's not outraged.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

GDS_Starfury

yes, Im aware.  Im also aware that Im not posting stuff that isnt verified to the best of my ability to verify it.
its not like my google-fu is lacking here.
Im also supposed to play nice with everyone else so of course Im going to yank his chain.  O:-)

SirAndrewD

For note the teeth were found in Pisky at a torture chamber used to interrogate Ukrainians suspected of feeding information to the UAF and partisans or who might have had knowledge of the people who did so.

Along with the teeth were found implements such as gas masks that were used to force smoke inhalation, quite a few power tools and pliers used for live extractions, graves where the exhumed seem to have been buried alive and other very very less savory stuff.

Details can be found here among other places.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11282161/Russian-torture-chamber-bucket-pulled-teeth-Ukrainian-town.html
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

FarAway Sooner

Yeesh.  Thanks for including the article where that picture came from, SirAndrew.

The Russians have been doing a bunch of vile things.  But, in this day and age, where even deep fakes aren't that much work, a simple picture of a bucket of teeth, while grotesque, can't be assumed to be proof that the Russians did it of that the picture even happened in Ukraine, much less in the last 10 years. 

The first casualty of social media was The Truth.  Supplying attribution to particular stories helps to convert heat into light and get us all on the same page as we talk about the facts on the ground in this horrific conflict.

ArizonaTank

NYT is reporting that US intel sources think Ukraine is responsible for the killing of Dugina in August. According to the sources her father was actually the target.

Hmmmmm...

If true, I wonder if it is some payback for all of those Russian attempts to kill Zalensky in the first few weeks of the war.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/10/05/politics/us-intelligence-ukraine-dugina-assassination/index.html

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Jarhead0331

Why would US intelligence sources leak that information?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Con

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 05, 2022, 11:45:25 PM
The working theory is that this is a message to the maybe rogue elements in the Zelensky govt that if they don't toe the line and stay above the board (which includes assassinating Russian govt officials). Then there are ways to influence public opinion and by default future support.  It also puts a leash on future decisions on long range rockets, tanks and potential US planes/training.  Zelensky has to show that he controls his cabinet and is accountable.

Jarhead0331

^that seems pretty foolish. Why risk not only escalation, but also a shift in the publicity war, which thus far has practically been unanimous in support of Ukraine. There just seem like better ways to send such a signal without demonstrating that Ukraine too is guilty of war crimes.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Anguille

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 05, 2022, 11:45:25 PM
Maybe because, while supporting Ukraine as a victim of the war, the US government wants to be able to supervise peace negociations at the end? To do so, they have to clarify each and everyone's responsabilities. An act of terrorism (like this was the case) cannot be justified. The US supports only the military operations on the ground.