Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobarossa

So is all that meshwork to keep the driver from running away? :D

JasonPratt

Quote from: Windigo on October 21, 2022, 03:48:18 PM
BTW if the ruskies withdraw under fire, where will they likely go? I mean sooner or later they will run out of room.

All the room they need to withdraw, in actual Russia.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Windigo

Quote from: JasonPratt on October 21, 2022, 05:15:38 PM
Quote from: Windigo on October 21, 2022, 03:48:18 PM
BTW if the ruskies withdraw under fire, where will they likely go? I mean sooner or later they will run out of room.

All the room they need to withdraw, in actual Russia.

Not if they keep pulling back southward.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Gusington on October 21, 2022, 04:41:37 PM
Clearly you were skilled enough not to get...injured.

Lol. I was the platoon sergeant, so I got spotter and radio duty - and I'm total shit in a dozer.  Put me in one, tell me to grade something flat, and I'll give you the best damn table top and whoop-de-doo dirt track you've ever seen.

My understanding of the mesh is to act like a thing to cause an rpg warhead to detonate just shy of hitting the body; similar stuff was on Strykers and the like in Iraq.  Can't imagine the debris you'd pick up with all that shit hanging off the sides if you were doing grubbing work in the woods, but on the other hand, boom!  Instant camo!

Gusington

I'm sure you've heard this before but...Jesus Carl.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Gusington on October 21, 2022, 06:28:54 PM
I'm sure you've heard this before but...Jesus Carl.

Mechanical mine removal is a snap.  The 12Bs* had the shit job of metal detecting, probing, etc. in the open.  Me?  I've got several feet of metal between my ass and the bad thing.

*- callem them 11Bs by mistake.  It's been a few minutes since I was in the Army, so my bad.

Sir Slash

Dammit Carl is now, 'Dozer Carl' far as I'm concerned.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

JasonPratt

Well, that'll slow down the HUMVEE swarm... ;)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

Dammit Carl!

Ukrainians need a dune buggy / motorcycle strike force and shiny jumpsuits to keep the advance going.

Jarhead0331

^My brother and I used to love that movie when we were kids. Great memories.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

SirAndrewD

I thought I was the only one that remembered that movie.

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Dammit Carl!

Buddy and I were so caught up in the 80s movies, we came up with an RPG so we could roleplay out all the violence.  Reading absolute tons of Soldier of Fortune magazine,  Mack Bolan, Able Team, etc. didn't hurt either.

If I was smart then, I should've really hammered something nice out and be rolling in all that sweet, sweet TTRPG cash now.