Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

My head just exploded...haven't seen Megaforce clips in ~40 years...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Sad to see it's not on streaming anywhere I can put it on.

Have to settle for Samurai Cop instead.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Staggerwing

Quote from: SirAndrewD on October 22, 2022, 01:02:10 PM
I thought I was the only one that remembered that movie.

Sheesh... from Henry Silva's expression you'd think he'd never seen a flying motorcycle before.  ::)
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

FarAway Sooner

I think, even when I saw that movie on HBO in 9th grade, it struck me as being too 80s for the 80s.  Call me a blasphemer, but the only thing that really worked for me in that movie was the actress.

Gusington

Heh 'too 80s for the 80s' - that's really 80s

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

While you may laugh, at least the gold/silver lame jumpsuits did a better job of camo than the ACUs did.

FarAway Sooner

Carl, who needs camo when you look that sleek!!!

Crossroads

Quote from: JasonPratt on October 22, 2022, 11:43:55 AM
Well, that'll slow down the HUMVEE swarm... ;)
For a couple minutes at least, as those dragon teeth handily have hooks mounted on them for moving them around   :-"
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Pete Dero

Quote from: SirAndrewD on October 22, 2022, 02:38:09 PM
Sad to see it's not on streaming anywhere I can put it on.

You can rent Megaforce on Prime Video ($2.99).  And Amazon has some DVD's in stock.

Crossroads

Quote from: Crossroads on October 23, 2022, 01:49:35 AM
Quote from: JasonPratt on October 22, 2022, 11:43:55 AM
Well, that'll slow down the HUMVEE swarm... ;)
For a couple minutes at least, as those dragon teeth handily have hooks mounted on them for moving them around   :-"

I saw a quote detailing that based one edge equal to one meter one dragon tooth *) would have a mass of ca three quarters of a ton. With a 50 ton tank there'd be no need to have breaching equipment, just roll over them as they are placed on top of soft ground.

Another comment that if these are manufactured of concrete without reinforced steel they can be shredded to pieces with a 50 cal.

But they look like this mighty Wagner line and that's all that counts right.   

Edit *) apologies, based on twitter the proper term would be Cope Teeth

Edit2 and while we have our  :nerd: glasses on, there was another comment that those cope teeth are not pyramids but tetrodes, so the correct formula would be (a^3)/(6*sqrt(2)) where a=side, and looking at the pictures they look more like 90cm (ca one yard) than 100cm so with mass of concrete at 2.4 kg/litre (at this point I am purely throwing some metric sh*te at you lol) this gives on tetrode a whopping weight of 206 kgs.

That's some 450 lbs for you lot, making all this even more, erm, Wagneresque I guess.

CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Crossroads

Quote from: Crossroads on October 23, 2022, 04:07:44 AM

That's some 450 lbs for you lot, making all this even more, erm, Wagneresque I guess.
Two lifting hooks, even  :bd:

edit source: https://twitter.com/irgarner/status/1583800227425046529

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Jarhead0331

Beautiful day for an ejection.

Must be a relatively secure or low threat environment for him to stand around in the open field like that.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Pete Dero on October 23, 2022, 03:35:09 AM
You can rent Megaforce on Prime Video ($2.99).  And Amazon has some DVD's in stock.

Megaforce might be like having a gold brick full of awesome punching you in the face....but it's not worth $3.

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.