Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crossroads

Quote from: Gusington on November 08, 2022, 01:27:14 PM
When this is all over it will be a revelation to see Russians' faces when they learn the truth.

"We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, but they are still lying."
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

Pete Dero

General Sergei Surovikin, who is in overall command of the war, said in a television commentary an hour ago that it was no longer possible to supply the city of Kherson.

Russian Defense Minister Sergey Shoygu on Wednesday ordered his troops to withdraw from the western bank of the Dnieper River in the face of Ukrainian attacks on the southern city of Kherson.
General Sergei Surovikin proposes to take the defenses on the east bank of the river.

JasonPratt

:clap: O0

I suspect if the Uks can drive the Orcs over the river, they'll stop their advance for a while and set up bombardment stations (so to speak) while aiming for a sweep southward from up where they've already crossed the river. But that may also depend on the quality of troops facing them across the river, and how far back their defenses go (such as they are): currently it looks like the Rusks aren't (or weren't?) planning to defend the river closely, which would invite the Ukrainians into staging beacheads which theoretically could become kill zones.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

Kherson sure is an interesting place to be right now:

From the BBC: Kirill Stremousov: Senior Russian Kherson official dies in car crash, officials say:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-63572668

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

Man, I'd be screaming and acting like Patton to push the advance hard if the Rus are on the back foot.

Glad I don't have that responsibility.

JasonPratt

They'd still want to push hard, of course, just not have the main push be over the river. Let that be the secondary push while the main push comes from the north (from where they already crossed the river).
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

MengJiao

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on November 09, 2022, 01:11:00 PM
Man, I'd be screaming and acting like Patton to push the advance hard if the Rus are on the back foot.

Glad I don't have that responsibility.

I don't think the Ukrainians have that much of an advantage in terms of mobility and firepower over the Russians.  And that river and the general weirdness of the situation seems to
legitimately inspire a lot of caution.

Gusington

The 'thunder run' - adapted by Ukraine:

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

FarAway Sooner

Quote from: Gusington on November 09, 2022, 02:39:08 PM
The 'thunder run' - adapted by Ukraine:

That's a really interesting video.  Thanks for sharing.

As an aside on the commentator, I will say that I inherently distrust skinny guys talking fast with English accents and huge beards.  I can't tell you why, but it's a deeply held conviction of mine.

Gusington

;D me too, I also don't know why...

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd