Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

this post is about how the russian state media spin US elections to their audience.  Im not posting this to disparage any political party, its just a look into how they think and shape opinions for their own domestic consumption.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1590377796655673345
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Sir Slash

Then surely you must agree that everything in the video the Russians said is wrong and a complete fantasy. Otherwise you'd be in agreement with them. Correct?  :o
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GDS_Starfury

you can draw your own conclusions from the clip provided. 

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

GDS_Starfury

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

ArizonaTank

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on November 10, 2022, 01:35:22 AM
wow! +10 for uparmored Humvees!  watch till the end.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1590576786358009856

The drone footage reminds me so much of Close Combat.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JasonPratt

Complete with squirrely AI on the infantry and armor, represented by the Russians.  >:D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

Yeah, that's what happened to my vehicles in Close Combat too. A lot.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Another good video...what happens next?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

it seems the russians are having a very very very bad down south.  <:-)

GDS_Starfury

JasonPratt

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on November 10, 2022, 09:21:50 PM
it seems the russians are having a very very very bad down south.  <:-)

The Associated Press report on all Orcs apparently having withdrawn, with their equipment (supposedly, aside from mines), from Kherson's west bank. Which is most of Kherson.

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-putin-europe-moscow-government-and-politics-0c1bb4cf5a3fa4d2d05aa10ef2929d39

"The Kremlin remained defiant Friday, insisting the development in no way represented an embarrassment for Russian President Vladimir Putin. Moscow continues to view the entire Kherson region as part of Russia, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters."

So, withdrawing more quickly than military experts thought you'd be able to, from the only regional capital you managed to take, in an area you now insist is part of Russia forever (after an overtly sham referendum), one month after facetiously celebrating its annexation, is not an embarrassment. One wonders what WOULD count as an embarrassment to Russia! Nuking their own city-forever?? (Probably not...  :buck2:  On their previously stated gangster rationale, that would only triumphantly demonstrate they have the right to do anything they want to Kherson, which other nations would then respect.)

The New York Times reports and comments on the withdrawal: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/putin-s-name-is-absent-as-russians-discuss-retreat-in-ukraine/ar-AA13ZfWW?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=U531&cvid=7e9920ac28c944e686c4b2c74f80f22f

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

Meanwhile, the Telegraph (London I think) reports that, according to some analysts, Russia tried to test the nuclear tsunami torpedo back when the Belgorod was detected leaving the Arctic, some weeks earlier -- but failed to do so! Thus explaining why the sub left the area without apparently doing any testing.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russia-tried-and-failed-to-test-nuclear-torpedo/ar-AA13YjEs?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=U531&cvid=7e9920ac28c944e686c4b2c74f80f22f

It occurs to me that a few such torpedos, which can carry conventional explosives, but which is itself a nuclear-powered drone, could be set to navigate to a fairly precise location thousands of miles away (by travel route), and then attack an underwater structure -- cough, ahem ;). Although I doubt that's possible without leaving a small radioactive trace footprint from its motor.

Crossroads

Seems they've been evacuating their forces for a while, as some rumours have said, with mobiks thrown in to maintain a presence there. I guess we'll learn more in a few days or weeks time. Here's hoping for massive equipment losses, and tons of surrendering soldiers are welcomed in my book as well.

Ukrainian counterattack slowed in many places by celebrating crowds <- now with a recent clip! :bd:

Enjoy your Friday and free Kherson City as well!

Ukrainian refugee sings with Lithuanians FRIDAY in support for Ukraine

Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY