Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

^+1 - exactly the kind of 'error' that we all were fearing could lead to a wider war.

That said, I'm sure (hoping) the Polish ministers were on the phone immediately with NATO counterparts, who would calm them down and help assess exactly wtf is going on.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Vengeance!

Release the Winged Hussars!
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

JasonPratt

Step q: after pissing off the Cossacks, piss off the Hussars.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Windigo

While the response (whatever it is) should be muted and restrained; there does need to be a response. I think Poland giving the Ukraine those Migs might be appropriate.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

bobarossa

Or maybe declaring you will intercept any missiles that come within x miles of natural borders.  X based on reaction time needed to intercept missiles before crossing border. If that happens to cover Lvov, all the better.

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: JasonPratt on November 15, 2022, 02:42:30 PM
Step q: after pissing off the Cossacks, piss off the Hussars.

Right?!?

Belarus' pucker factor is doubtlessly through the roof at this point.

Anyone up for a game of Twilight 2000?

Gusington

NO! Well not in reality, anyway.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Finding a lot of good content today.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

ArizonaTank

I'm 90% sure the attack on Poland was a mistake.

However, it sounds like there were more than one missile. If the weapons were fairly smart, then having multiple similar malfunctions just doesn't cut it. Probably gross incompetence.

Or, maybe there are hotheads in the Russian military...wanting to lash out at NATO...and this might be a scary possibility.

If I thought that Putin was really smart enough to be playing 5D chess, and that he was five moves ahead already, I might see a few weird possible scenarios where he might make limited attacks on NATO...but those would be crazy...and risk nuclear war.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

SirAndrewD

Oh boy, Scott Ritter, the guy that claimed the Ukrainians killed their own people in the Bucha massacre as a false flag to frame the Russians.  Did the interviewer manage to get him on by claiming to be an underage girl?
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

^He did also make a bunch of Ukrainian/Nazi remarks, and kind of borderline/virtually snuggled with Putin. Beyond that he did break me out of a fantasy world where Ukraine could possibly take all their land back. I dunno...

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on November 15, 2022, 05:08:42 PM
^He did also make a bunch of Ukrainian/Nazi remarks, and kind of borderline/virtually snuggled with Putin. Beyond that he did break me out of a fantasy world where Ukraine could possibly take all their land back. I dunno...

Yeah, I listened to him and I agree that achieving some kind of extreme battlefield success where the Russians are totally run out of Ukraine is at best a pipe dream.  I too just really see no way where Crimea and the far eastern chunks of the Donbas will be able to return successfully. 

I just can't help but take Ritter with a grain of salt considering his checkered and jumpsuit orange colored past.  I know he knows his subject but he is also currently on the list of noted active Kremlin propagandists and for some pretty good reasons.

al_infierno

In further breaking news, the pizza place near the Pentagon is on high alert.  🤔

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Windigo

Real News Network????? Real News. Seriously? I am for balancing one's news sources, but them???

And Andrew, everything but the Crimea is definitely doable IMO. Especially if the AFU keeps the pressure on all winter and keeps messing with their logistics.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.