Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groggy

Not unlike MH17 expect a firehose of conspiracy theories/disinformation from russia to slow down analysis and distract from the truth.
''War is the unfolding of miscalculations.''-Barbara Tuchman

Jarhead0331

Quote from: GroggyGrognard2022 on November 16, 2022, 11:44:26 AM
Not unlike MH17 expect a firehose of conspiracy theories/disinformation from russia to slow down analysis and distract from the truth.

True, but wasn't that airliner downed over territory controlled by Russia and their separatists? As such, they were able to control and limit access to the wreckage and tamper with evidence. Here, the missiles fell in Polish territory far from Russian assets. Hopefully, this will prevent Russia from obfuscating much.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JasonPratt

They might try to claim that Ukraine shot their missiles into Poland to try to frame Russia. But they'll have trouble getting around any radar evidence, if so.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Windigo

Quote from: JasonPratt on November 16, 2022, 12:44:45 PM
They might try to claim that Ukraine shot their missiles into Poland to try to frame Russia. But they'll have trouble getting around any radar evidence, if so.

Not surprisingly, it appears that NATO does indeed have radar evidence that they have shared with Poland.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

JasonPratt

If Ukraine acknowledges they did it by accident while shooting at incoming missiles, that would also defuse a lot of Russian attempts at gobbledegook.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

^Yes that would be a great boon against insanity and WWIII.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

FarAway Sooner

Quote from: al_infierno on November 15, 2022, 05:54:54 PM
In further breaking news, the pizza place near the Pentagon is on high alert.  🤔

For the record, I used to live two blocks from this Pizza Hut.

The Pentagon had that particular vulnerability revealed years ago.  Now they're just relying on a fancy new weapons system that they call "The MX Food Truck"!    8)

ArizonaTank

I hope that Ukraine would be as transparent as possible with NATO. Bad things can happen where tensions are high. Even small mistakes can cost lives. Even the US has had incidents.

So far in this war it seems the Ukrainians understand that being transparent and cooperative with NATO gets them far more than trying to be protective and secretive (with the possible exception of some of Ukraine's special ops).

It seems to me like Ukraine does understand this. But I really don't know.

Who does know? The NATO people on the ground dealing with Ukraine every day could tell you...but diplomatic and military protocols prevent them from saying anything (as is good and proper in my book).

However, usually if there is friction, after nine months, we would be hearing that by now. But so far, the only little leaks here and there seem to be positive towards the Ukrainians.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Windigo

I am not a leader (anal?... snicker), but I think I would be inclined to co-operate with anyone providing me with hightech weapons like HIMARS, javelins and BitchSlapper 3000s.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on November 16, 2022, 04:05:37 PM
Quote from: al_infierno on November 15, 2022, 05:54:54 PM
In further breaking news, the pizza place near the Pentagon is on high alert.  🤔

For the record, I used to live two blocks from this Pizza Hut.

The Pentagon had that particular vulnerability revealed years ago.  Now they're just relying on a fancy new weapons system that they call "The MX Food Truck"!    8)

I thought the old tale was that the most dangerous place at the Pentagon was at a small hot dog stand that the Soviets believed was some kind of super secret, high-tech surveillance equipment. Apparently, they had several megatons of warheads aimed at the shack.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on November 16, 2022, 06:15:56 PM
russians.....   ::)

https://twitter.com/i/status/1592907340139102209

to bad it didnt blow.

Well, much like divorce Vodka makes war more bearable I guess.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

ArizonaTank

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on November 16, 2022, 06:15:56 PM
russians.....   ::)

https://twitter.com/i/status/1592907340139102209

to bad it didnt blow.

The 'look what I just did' smile in the last second of the video is all you need to know.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Sir Slash

Sir Andrew just gave me the line I'm going to have put on my gravestone.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

FarAway Sooner

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 15, 2022, 09:17:25 AM
Good discussion on the role and effectiveness of aviation in the war.

It got lost quickly in the ebb and flow of the daily news (?) cycle, but this is an excellent and very detailed analysis.  It doesn't paint nearly as rosy a picture of the air war as many of us had gleaned from various media reports.