Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

JasonPratt

Quote from: JasonPratt on November 16, 2022, 01:58:01 PM
If Ukraine acknowledges they did it by accident while shooting at incoming missiles, that would also defuse a lot of Russian attempts at gobbledegook.

Orrrrrr..... Zelensky could insist that those missiles weren't Ukrainian.  ???

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/nato-row-breaks-out-as-zelensky-savaged-for-destructive-lies-over-poland-missile/ar-AA14bRZC?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=U531&cvid=2e465aca539940a99404571b3ef635b7

QuoteNATO and Ukraine found themselves at odds at an urgent meeting on Wednesday, it has been revealed, as Volodymyr Zelensky said he had "no doubt" a missile that killed two people after landing in Poland near the Ukrainian border was not of Ukrainian origin. {snip} Mr Zelensky would not budge on the issue, insisting that a report he received from the incident left him certain that it was "not our missile or our missile strike". His statements have reportedly irked at least one Kyiv-based diplomat from a NATO country, who told the Financial Times: "This is getting ridiculous. The Ukrainians are destroying [our] confidence in them. Nobody is blaming Ukraine and they are openly lying. This is more destructive than the missile."

Poland agrees they have no evidence the missile came from Russia.

Russia of course insists they have never shot weapons close to the Polish border -- despite something like 65 missiles having hit Lvov since February! (I don't know how many, so I'm exaggerating for humor. I hope!)

No doubt those came from Lithuania, whose leaders are desperate to recover the extent of their ancient empire...  ::) ::) ::)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

This plays into Putin's hands nicely.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

From the video, it sounds like the Ukrainians would benefit as much from a cease-fire as the Russkies, maybe even more. Food for thought.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

ArizonaTank

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

GDS_Starfury

QuoteFrom the video, it sounds like the Ukrainians would benefit as much from a cease-fire as the Russkies, maybe even more.

:DD
the Ukrainians are in no mood for a cease fire nor are they remotely close to wanting one.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gusington

If Ukraine took back Donetsk, Luhansk and Crimea then they would be much more open to a cease fire.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

ArizonaTank

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on November 17, 2022, 03:15:21 PM
QuoteFrom the video, it sounds like the Ukrainians would benefit as much from a cease-fire as the Russkies, maybe even more.

the Ukrainians are in no mood for a cease fire nor are they remotely close to wanting one.

Like they used to say in the Civil War; "their blood is up."
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"

Windigo

Quote from: ArizonaTank on November 17, 2022, 03:39:31 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on November 17, 2022, 03:15:21 PM

Like they used to say in the Civil War; "their blood is up."

their feathers have been ruffled...
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

GDS_Starfury

exhuming mass graves tends to really piss off the locals.

Skoop

Quote from: Sir Slash on November 17, 2022, 11:27:32 AM
From the video, it sounds like the Ukrainians would benefit as much from a cease-fire as the Russkies, maybe even more. Food for thought.

The message of the video wasn't to have a cease fire so that we could stop sending billions in aid, it was now's the time to keep up the pressure.  In fact the final 4 mins of the British guys chat pretty much defined my whole stance on Ukraine.  "The Ukrainians are getting more out of / and better results from US defense spending than if we were spending that on our own troops."

That's something to think about, it's like we're going to spend that money regardless for defense, better it go to Ukraine and kill enemies of democracy rather than buy equipment that will just sit on the shelf for decades at home.

ArizonaTank

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"

Windigo

Are people really that ignorant over there?

There is going to be some serious self-induced psychological ouchies coming their way when reality pisses on them.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

GDS_Starfury

FarAway Sooner

Wow.  That's a catchy phrase.

Too bad I'll never be able to use it at work, where it's often the most applicable!   ;D