Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

^You whipped that up in under ten minutes!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bobarossa

Quote from: Gusington on December 14, 2022, 01:11:07 PM
He whipped it up so fast he beat the website for getting it available!
All I get is "episode not available".

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tripoli

Quote from: Gusington on December 14, 2022, 01:11:07 PM
Not really.  It was posted on 8 December.  I listen to it a couple of days ago when working out.  It sounds like you are having trouble getting to the site?  I just checked, and the link is

https://warontherocks.com/2022/12/winter-and-beyond-an-inflection-point-in-the-war-over-ukraine/

It is working for me.  Let me know if you can't see it, and I'll find another method
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Gusington

The podcast is there now, thanks. The site was working before but that particular podcast gave an error.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

the current state of russian armor.

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Gusington

Looks like some, er...performance enhancements are needed.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bobarossa

Looks like expectations have been deflated.

FarAway Sooner

An interesting tidbit from The Economist, citing a recently released Ukrainian analysis.  It contradicts some of the fanboi hype surrounding early impressions of the war, but the central message is one that's been recurring:  Western powers need larger stockpiles of expendable items (artillery shells, drones, etc.) and greater ability to ramp-up production volumes on short notice. 

The "peaceful status quo" military procurement system hasn't really prepared us for a high intensity war of even limited scope.  This seems especially true for Western European nations.

https://www.economist.com/europe/2022/11/30/what-is-the-war-in-ukraine-teaching-western-armies

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Gusington

Is this war a limited war from NATO's point of view (not Ukraine's). Does Russia consider it a limited war? Is there a category between limited and total war?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

Quote from: Gusington on December 15, 2022, 01:57:37 PM
Is this war a limited war from NATO's point of view (not Ukraine's). Does Russia consider it a limited war? Is there a category between limited and total war?

Yes.  "Special Military Operation"   :crazy2:
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

W8taminute

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on December 15, 2022, 09:46:01 AM
the current state of russian armor.

Ha, it has a limp d                                                                -30 smoothbore 120mm main gun.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Sir Slash

Is that the new model, "Putin" tank I've been hearing about? You have to admit it's probably very energy efficient. And can double as a Weather Balloon in a high wind.  :bd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.