Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

Ukrainian Forces successfully conducted a counterattack and pushed Russian Forces out of the outskirts of Bakhmut.
almost 2 months of grinding advances reversed in less then 2 days.  O0

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

FarAway Sooner

Good news if it holds.  I'm not sure I can match the key to the map, though!

ArizonaTank

So the Russians have a new pop song celebrating the Satan 2 ICBM.

As I tried to watch it (only got about 30 seconds in before I had to stop for health reasons), I could only think that I really want to see a Ukrainian parody of this. Something along the lines of Country Joe's "fix'in to die rag."

https://taskandpurpose.com/culture/russia-military-pop-song-nuclear-icbm-denis-maidanov-video/
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

GDS_Starfury

Zelensky at the front in Bakhmut, god damn this guy has balls.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gusington

Whenever I see him in public I wonder what kind of security details he has.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Windigo

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on December 19, 2022, 07:48:03 AM
Ukrainian Forces successfully conducted a counterattack and pushed Russian Forces out of the outskirts of Bakhmut.
almost 2 months of grinding advances reversed in less then 2 days.  O0

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Windigo

Quote from: Gusington on December 20, 2022, 10:23:27 AM
Whenever I see him in public I wonder what kind of security details he has.

just his balls...
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Crossroads

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on December 20, 2022, 08:37:22 AM

Yet, a humble man. Here's his speech with subtitles.

Quote20 December 2022. President Putin awards defenders of his regime in the Kremlin.

President Zelensky delivers a powerful speech to the defenders of the nation, at the most fierce sector of the frontline, in Bakhmut.

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1605237743885459456
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Victor

Not sure if it's been posted before, but the Wavell Room had some interesting articles on tactics (or lack thereof) in Bakhmut specifically.

https://wavellroom.com/2022/12/15/the-battle-for-bakhmut/

This other one is about failings in Russian comms and why it's nigh-impossible for them to commit more than groups of ~30 infantry at a time.

https://wavellroom.com/2022/12/19/russian-army-tactical-communications/

There's also this infographic from the article showing the notional comms setup with the stuff that doesn't actually exist because of corruption crossed off...

https://ic.pics.livejournal.com/kenigtiger/503961/949457/949457_original.jpg

GDS_Starfury

bobarossa

Hope Germany didn't send any of these to Ukraine!
https://apnews.com/article/nato-technology-germany-d1206cb49d36f5fab1c9848fd99e67de?utm_source=ForYou&utm_medium=HomePage&utm_id=Taboola
Every one of 18 Pumas in an exercise failed.  They're readying decades old Marders to replace them in the NATO Very High Readiness Joint Task Force.

Con

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on December 20, 2022, 08:37:22 AM

With this background this looks like a scene out of a dystopian Terminator or Aliens movie
Con

FarAway Sooner

Very Terminator.  Cameron used lots of imagery of factories and heavy machinery throughout that film.  It's one of the reasons why the original show in the series got such critical acclaim in some circles, despite being made on a cheap-ass budget with low-class special effects.

Sir Slash

Zelensky might be a Terminator. Or John Connor. Or John Connor might've been Zelensky.  :o
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.