Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirAndrewD

That image is very Stalingrad. 

Not one step back for this strategically unimportant city that the enemy is literally willing to turn into a charnel house to take!
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

FarAway Sooner

I assume that they are hoping to catch the Ukrainians in the same meat grinder?  Or they just want the optics of a win?  Either way, it makes little more sense than a dozen other things that the Russians have done since invading Ukraine.

With no idea what Ukrainian casualties are like there, I guess it's hard to know who might be winning that war of attrition.

Gusington

Can Russia still 'win' this war? What would that look like?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

And today Mr. Zelensky will come to Washington to address the Congress. He really does have big balls.  :o
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

One destination I think I will skip.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GDS_Starfury

you skip this one as well.
russians really shouldnt smoke around their ammo dumps.  :dreamer:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1605577171111530498

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on December 21, 2022, 03:21:26 PM
you skip this one as well.
russians really shouldnt smoke around their ammo dumps.  :dreamer:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1605577171111530498

also a pro tip for camera work.
dont stand behind a glass balcony railing when filming explody things. 
fyi this second vid is from Beirut.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1605414067392454657

Gusington

Russians probably should stop smoking altogether...word on the street is that their one and only aircraft carrier is on fire.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Well when all you've got to send-up is Hot Air Balloons, fire can be a good thing I guess.  :-"

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Gusington on December 22, 2022, 11:06:30 AM
Russians probably should stop smoking altogether...word on the street is that their one and only aircraft carrier is on fire again.

fixed that for ya

Crossroads

Just watched the Letterman interview of Zelenskyy on Netflix, out a week or so ago I think.

The Russia vs Nato joke's done its rounds, one of the light moments of the interview. Not many light moments there, dark currents.I've not seen him much outside one of his short speeches.

What an extraordinary man.

At one point he answers Letterman's comment on how he leads the country that its not about him, its the soliders who risk their lives everyday, how they must think of them, care of them, to ensure that they know how much everyone supports them. And how "we civilians must not be afraid to risk our lives either." Talk about walking the walk, with his visits to newly liberated Kherson, his visit at frontlines in Bakhmut.

There was also some early videos of him when war started, my god, he looks like his ten year older brother now. What a toll this all is taking on him.

His dream? To go the beach and have a few beers when this all is over. I do hope he lives to see that day.
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Gusington

Me too - I noticed how much he has aged in the last year on tv last night. I don't know how he deals with stress like that every single day.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Windigo

Quote from: Gusington on December 22, 2022, 01:07:48 PM
Me too - I noticed how much he has aged in the last year on tv last night. I don't know how he deals with stress like that every single day.

There are reasons why most great wartime leaders drank and smoked.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.