Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

the latest crop of russian recruitment videos is bleak to say the least.

in one an out of work father joins up to use the money to buy his daughter an iphone.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1604799274264711169

in another the son of a broke family joins up so his parents can afford sausages.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1604888835757842432

in the next a group of out of work veterans join up to make ends meet.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1606037940148113409

join up and avoid debt collectors!
https://twitter.com/i/status/1605314907418886145

see the pattern.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Sir Slash

One more thing then I'll shut-up. Sorry Sooner, I did NOT raise this issue. Arizona Tank commented quite appropriately that some had criticked Zelensky's dress. I simply stated my opinion that he could have dressed for the occasion better. No bickering.

Bobarossa hit the nail on the head of what I've been thinking about for a while. Putin doesn't need Damage Assessment, all he has to do is tune into any of the Networks and they will tell him what, where, and who he's hit. How much they help the Russkies is for others to figure-out.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Con

Well it's not WW2 where there are spies hunched over a wireless Morse code radio with limited range and mobility
BDA is pretty easy with everyone carrying cellphones with cameras.
Now it's more of flooding the intelligence service with multiple plausible outcomes. Make them guess while building your own narrative for your own propaganda

Sir Slash

That's true. But the newsies love to show right where the missiles landed and then give numbers and results often. If I were Zelensky, I would hire my own reporters to show pics of fake holes in the ground dug by kids  standing to an outhouse and say, "They really blew the shit outta this place".  ;D
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GDS_Starfury

so what if I told you that the russians hit their own s-300 decoy and then released the footage on state tv as a strike on a Ukrainian AD site.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

FarAway Sooner

Weapons Inspector, welcome to this forum!  Your insights are specific and solid.  Thank you for sharing.

When someone does not speak a language fluently, nuance and subtle meanings sometimes get lost.  That can make it easier to convey your main idea.  Please post more!

Sir Slash, points taken.  Peace, brother!

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on December 23, 2022, 06:01:54 PM
https://www.fpri.org/article/2022/12/how-the-battle-for-the-donbas-shaped-ukraines-success/

That is a great article, Star.  Nuanced, detailed, and balanced in its perspective.  Thanks for sharing!

Now I'm going to go meditate for 30 minutes while I try to get the image of Sir Andrew out of my mind.

I always thought Gus would be a bit more like this:

Victor

The indepth coverage of the Russian strikes helps the open source intelligence people at least (and the actual intelligence people even more probably). They are speculating on various blogs about Russian missile production capabilities by comparing serial & lot numbers of missile pieces.

https://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2022/12/estimating-russias-kh-101-production-capacity.php

QuoteData from downed Kh-101s — some of them found through open-source research, others documented by the Conflict Armament Research group (CAR) — shed some light. The data suggest that although Russia is likely running low on missiles and expending them at an unsustainable rate, production of Kh-101s and perhaps other missiles not only continues but is probably greater than some analysts believed. What is more, Russia may now be producing more Kh-101s per day than it was before its full-scale invasion of Ukraine. These findings underscore that while Western export controls pose significant challenges for Russia's defense industrial base, it is too early for the West to take a victory lap.

Makes that US aid all the more urgent if true!

GDS_Starfury

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Welcome UN Weapons Inspector.  I like what you say.

Peace be with you brother. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Groggy

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on December 24, 2022, 12:32:11 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on December 23, 2022, 06:01:54 PM
https://www.fpri.org/article/2022/12/how-the-battle-for-the-donbas-shaped-ukraines-success/

That is a great article, Star.  Nuanced, detailed, and balanced in its perspective.  Thanks for sharing!

Now I'm going to go meditate for 30 minutes while I try to get the image of Sir Andrew out of my mind.

Oh crap I overlooked the fact that Star already posted the article from Rob Lee and Michael Kofman. My bad.
''War is the unfolding of miscalculations.''-Barbara Tuchman

GDS_Starfury

the Ukrainian entry for Miss Universe:  :smitten:

Pete Dero

^ To avoid being judged as biased, here is the Russian participant :

But my vote goes to Ukraine (Victoria Apanasenko) :dreamer:  :notworthy:

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Pete Dero on December 25, 2022, 08:11:39 AM
^ To avoid being judged as biased, here is the Russian participant :

I'd hit it.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Pete Dero

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 25, 2022, 08:29:30 AM