Great Northern War Released!

Started by rahamy, April 14, 2023, 07:06:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

devoncop

Quote from: glen55 on May 30, 2023, 11:37:42 AM
Quote from: devoncop on May 30, 2023, 10:32:51 AMI am reading "Dreadnaught by Robert Massie right now on the run up to WW1 and the naval arms race and am about 350 pages into this 900 page epic and it is one of the most gripping history books I have ever read.

His style is an amazing mix of diplomatic manoeuvring, fascinating anecdote (particularly about the egos of the leading actors and their quirks) and painstaking analysis and if "Peter the Great' is in a similar vein I will definitely be picking that up the read as well.

Thank you for the recommendation.

Thank in return. I will try that one next but it may be a while because I'm in savoring mode on Peter, not rush-through-to-the-next-one mode.

Ha !

That's funny because I am usually a 50 page a day guy but I am literally restricting myself to a chapter a day because I am enjoying the book so much. :ThumbsUp:

I have never played a decent Peter the Great era game so I will start looking,

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Gusington

You're welcome, Glen! I read Dreadnaught as well and loved it almost as much as Peter the Great. I still have to read Castles of Steel.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd