Started by Jarhead0331, May 26, 2023, 12:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

Looks like starship troopers. Or should the Starship Troopers IP have been given to these guys?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

jamus34

If the gameplay holds up I most definitely think the latter...
Insert witty comment here.

Jarhead0331

Helldivers is an exceptional game. Probably one of the best co-op shooters ever made and its use of the Starship Troopers trope is masterful. I have high hopes for this sequel.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Sigwolf

If I wasn't so multi-player game averse, I would be all over this.  Unfortunately this series does not appear to be very single player friendly.

Jarhead0331

Despite some initial negative reviews, this game seems pretty awesome so far. I've only just started playing and unfortunately, we're going on a ski trip this weekend. However, I'll definitely "dive" into this feet first next week.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Tripoli

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 09, 2024, 05:02:34 PM...unfortunately, we're going on a ski trip this weekend....

It is grammatically incorrect to place the word "unfortunately" and "ski trip" in the same sentence.   :grin: 
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Dammit Carl!

Lol.  This looks absolutely gonzo bonkers in a good way.  Interested to see what kind of legs this title has.

Grim.Reaper

Any thoughts on how it plays single player?  I know meant as co op, so is it too hard to try and do things solo?

JasonPratt

Rimmy Downunder and some mates demo the release:

And a good time was had by all.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on February 10, 2024, 01:31:02 AMAny thoughts on how it plays single player?  I know meant as co op, so is it too hard to try and do things solo?

Only the easiest of missions can be accomplished solo. If you continued to try to play this way, eventually you would give up in frustration.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 13, 2024, 10:00:44 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on February 10, 2024, 01:31:02 AMAny thoughts on how it plays single player?  I know meant as co op, so is it too hard to try and do things solo?

Only the easiest of missions can be accomplished solo. If you continued to try to play this way, eventually you would give up in frustration.

Thank you for confirming, probably not for me then.  Does look interesting.

Tripoli

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on February 14, 2024, 05:58:41 PM

Same here.  I would love something like this, but only if I can do it solo.  I don't have the time flexibility to play with others co-op on line. 
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on February 14, 2024, 05:58:41 PM

Let me put it this way...I'm very much like you. I prefer single player experiences and hate MP only games. I LOVE THIS GAME. IT's FRICKEN AWESOME. Getting into a mission with random squad mates is seamless. So far, I've had no negative experiences, no connectivity issues, no annoying chatter and playing with others has been very rewarding. You hardly know its a MP experience.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog