Tank Squad - WW2 armor and management sim

Started by SirAndrewD, January 10, 2023, 05:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirAndrewD

I've been following this one for a bit and it's got a release date for 2023.  Never seen it discussed in a topic but I figured it'd be releative to everyone's interests. 

Apparently this will be a WW2 Armor "Tactical Combat Action Game" that will have simulator elements and an in depth repair/logistical management element.

The devs have compared the Armor sim element to be inspired by Panzer Elite, which instantly raised my eyebrow. 

They've been doing regular dev blogs and updated recently in December, so I'm hoping we'll see this one in our Christmas Stockings and it delivers.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1498130/Tank_Squad/
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Skoop

Been watching this for a while on steam too.  Looks good, kind of reminds me of the tank game from the graviteam guys when they weren't graviteam. 

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Destraex

Playway. Looks good though. Fingers crossed.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Destraex on January 11, 2023, 06:17:53 AM
Playway. Looks good though. Fingers crossed.

Exactly why I didn't really think to mention it till now. 

With Playway titles I tend to like to wait to see if it's in active development or if it's just a cinematic concept demo. 

In this case it looks like it's actually making some progress, so, cautiously optimistic.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

SirAndrewD

Skoop

I downloaded the demo, but didn't get around to it as I was too busy with starfield.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Skoop on October 08, 2023, 04:40:37 PMI downloaded the demo, but didn't get around to it as I was too busy with starfield.

It's rough, very rough, around the edges but has potential.

JasonPratt

"Grim and realistic depictions of the horrors of war."

....I'm not gonna say pass, but nowadays I've about got my fill of that already.  :buck2:

Otherwise the game looks interesting. Glad it got out of concept-video stage!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

ArizonaTank

If the game becomes Armored Commander II with nice 3D graphics, that would be something very nice.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

JasonPratt

Holy crap! -- I can't even imagine that, but I'd sure like to see that for ArmComIII!  :smitten:  :smitten:  :smitten:  :smitten:  :smitten:  :smitten:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Destraex

Enjoying this demo although they call it a vertical slice...
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

SirAndrewD

Quote from: ArizonaTank on October 11, 2023, 09:47:58 AMIf the game becomes Armored Commander II with nice 3D graphics, that would be something very nice.

More like a modern version of Panzer Elite.  The Developers have stated they're directly inspired by that game.