Main Menu

Dishonored

Started by son_of_montfort, April 20, 2012, 01:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

son_of_montfort

The Trailer and website:

http://www.dishonored.com/

Yes, it looks like Steampunk, meets WH40K, meets Assassin's Creed, meets Bioshock, meets Thief.

It could be REALLY good...
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Jarhead0331

Interesting...

Although, I'm not a huge "steam punk" fan.  Wish they had just gone with an authentic hardcore sci-fi setting, rather than some universe that combines the old with the quasi-new.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Keunert

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo

Staggerwing

"Revenge solves Everything"

Ha! Nice visceral tagline. I'd like to see some actual gameplay video though.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Nefaro

Needs Moar scantily clad hookers in the screenshots.  ???

LongBlade

Atmosphere looks great. Bethesda has been doing a fine job of kicking out games with great content. Hopefully this will keep with the pattern.

BTW, I don't know if he really got the dude he was after. Just sayin'
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on April 20, 2012, 09:22:06 AM
OH MY GAWD...

I knew this one would make gus bust a nut.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Between this one and the WWI steampunk game posted yesterday I have been in a 24 hour state or orgasmic delight.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mikeck

Quote from: Gusington on April 20, 2012, 09:32:49 AM
Between this one and the WWI steampunk game posted yesterday I have been in a 24 hour state or orgasmic delight.

Whats the WW1 game?
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Steelgrave

Good Gaming Gods, but that looks awesome! Please, take my money....

Gusington

Out May 5th! And ported from an iOS game!! Holy frijoles.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Greybriar

Awesome! I'm not usually a fan of action games, but I will probably buy Dishonored.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.