Main Menu

ARMA 3

Started by Toonces, February 20, 2015, 03:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

ARMA 3 has been extremely polished since Alpha. Beta updates practically every day. Its the best supported game by a developer...ever.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

undercovergeek

Toonces

I've never noticed any glitches or bugs.  Agree with JH fully.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Nefaro

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 03, 2015, 04:20:33 PM
ARMA 3 has been extremely polished since Alpha. Beta updates practically every day. Its the best supported game by a developer...ever.

Quote from: Toonces on December 03, 2015, 06:25:12 PM

Sounds like a keeper.  I'll move it up on my wishlist.

Toonces

There is an awful lot of beef to ARMA 3...a lot of content for the money.  I've barely scratched the surface of what it can do, to be honest.  It's almost criminal to use such a high-quality simulator to play King of the Hill.   :o
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Yskonyn

The only thing I still find glitchy are your AI Squad mates' behaviour at times. They might get stuck in an object, don't know how to get somewhere properly or remain stuck in a 'mode'.
Most issues can be worked around if you know how to avoid them.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Jack Nastyface

Gentles all,

Does anyone here have recommendations on downloadable campaigns or single missions from steam or other places?  I am loathe just to start downloading a bunch of missions to find they are crap, so I figured I would first ask for recommendations from this astute group of military and accuracy minded grogs.

See you on Stratis,

Jack Nastyface
Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.

jomni

Quote from: Toonces on December 03, 2015, 06:25:12 PM

There is a serious bug.  The helicopter bug in mulitplayer where the a player gets stuck in the rotor while boarding the aircraft.  This leads to the helicopter crashing.
Not sure if it is fixed already.

jomni

Quote from: Jack Nastyface on December 12, 2015, 01:35:12 PM
Gentles all,

Does anyone here have recommendations on downloadable campaigns or single missions from steam or other places?  I am loathe just to start downloading a bunch of missions to find they are crap, so I figured I would first ask for recommendations from this astute group of military and accuracy minded grogs.

See you on Stratis,

Jack Nastyface

Go for the persistent dynamic island-wide campaigns.
"Whole Lotta Stratis"
"Whole Lotta Altis"
"Dynamic Universal War System (DUWS)"

Toonces

DUWS is pretty neat, but will require some investment in time to figure out.

Jack Nastyface

Gentlemen,
Thanks for the references.  I just downloaded DUWS.  So far, looks pretty interesting and I am already into my first patrol.  Took me a bit of time to figure out how to get an armory, etc, but I think this is pretty much exactly what I was looking for.
Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.

Bardolph

I haven't done much with scenario type missions but I have downloaded a few missions that I found useful for training purposes:

Jester's Stratis Showcase
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=169788789

Terminal Ballistics Testing Center
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=190132631

Helicopter Training
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=192094335

Altis Sandbox
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=303340621

jomni

Don't forget about plannedassault.com. The quickest way to create large set-piece battles.

Toonces

I'm a little late to the game on this one, but I was just looking at some screenshots for a Vietnam mod called UNSUNG.  It looks pretty damn fantastic.

I'm downloading it right now...I'll get some impressions together once I get up and running and get some time with it.

http://www.armanam.eu/index.html

Jarhead0331

^I DLed it awhile ago, but never installed. Any good SP scenarios for it?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18