Main Menu

Fallout

Started by JudgeDredd, April 11, 2024, 12:15:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

^Why?

Damn JD I didn't realize how outnumbered you are.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

Just wasn't enjoying it.  For me, it came across as soulless and something thrown together by a corporate writing committee.  Also, the style and tone seemed somehow 'off' to me.    Had exactly the same look and feel as Rings of Power, imo.  I stopped watching that one after a few eps, too.

Gusington

Your avatar has never been more apt.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

I never watched Rings of Power, but I thought the first episode of the show was good.  Maybe more Fallout 4 humor than 1 and 2.  The aesthetics are spot on and I like the gore and use of practical effects.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

W8taminute

Just finished episode 1.  I like what I see so far. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on April 12, 2024, 01:30:39 PM...
Also, the style and tone seemed somehow 'off' to me
Wow - I thought they got the feel just right. Go figure  :grin:
Alba gu' brath

Silent Disapproval Robot

Yeah, I think it's pretty clear you and I have pretty divergent tastes in film. 

Glad you're getting enjoyment out of the series. 

W8taminute

I finished watching season 1.  Loved it. 

It's not AAA movie material, but it tells a story in exactly the way the story would have been told if this was a Bethesda video game.

Now I want to go play Fallout on my PC or PS4.   :Dreamer:
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

ArizonaTank

Four episodes in, and loving it as well.

Even my wife likes it...and that is saying something.

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

W8taminute

Quote from: ArizonaTank on April 14, 2024, 09:50:00 PMEven my wife likes it...and that is saying something.

That's awesome.  I tried to trick my wife into watching "a new romance drama series" on Amazon but she didn't buy it.  Oh well, better that I geeked out alone anyways.   :grin:

ArizonaTank

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.