Until the Last Plane - The WW2 Airfield Management Game

Started by CarloC, March 28, 2020, 02:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarloC

Hello gentlemen, here's the fourth page of the diary.

• Small focus on the first of the service vehicles: the tow truck. Useful to reduce the time needed to dismantle wrecks and not keep the mechanics busy for long.

• But the main news is the introduction of fatigue and stress management. Now it is better not to always send the whole squadron on missions, but it is necessary to leave the camp to rest the most tired pilots.

Hope you like it and thanks again!

bobarossa

Might be more realistic to have excessive stress lead to RTB's due to reported malfunctions (that can't be found by the mechanics).  Extra penalty for ignoring stress is phantom problems with plane wasting mechanics time!

Michael Dorosh

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 28, 2020, 02:45:20 PM
Looks pretty neat. Welcome aboard.

Praying for you and your country.

Good news - the prayers are working.

Bad news - you're praying for the wrong country...

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Michael Dorosh on August 06, 2020, 11:25:42 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 28, 2020, 02:45:20 PM
Looks pretty neat. Welcome aboard.

Praying for you and your country.

Good news - the prayers are working.

Bad news - you're praying for the wrong country...

I'm always praying for mine.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

CarloC

Hi again guys. Here the fifth page of my diary.

• There is a little focus on pilot ranks. Each pilot gains XP after a successful combat and new skill bonus will be unlocked.
  • New dogfight: I dropped the dice and replaced it with a more strategic and interactive turn-base combat. Also the maneouver set will be different for each plane.

Thanks and hope you enjoy the video!

davidshq

This looks like a great game! Reminds me of some of those games on smartphone where you are mechanics on normal cars? I'm not big on those and they tend to be more realistic 3D - but I'd enjoy this one and am a fan of the retro graphics style.

CarloC

Hello everybody, I've ready the 6th page of the diary. It covers random events and the new skill tree to help strategy in game. Also I'll join the Steam Autumn Festival so finally you can download the demo and play the game! Starting from October 7th....see you there!

CarloC

FarAway Sooner

I gave it a spin.  It's an enjoyable little romp.  The best thing the game has going for it is the planes:  I'd love to have a better feel for how different planes affect the outcome of a mission.  The combat is fairly basic, but it's obviously not the key part of the game. 

Having flown a couple mission and made my way through maybe 14 combats, I don't have much idea what I'm doing.  If there is some way to make the outcomes of each combat a bit more "shades of gray", that'd be great (e.g., chase off an enemy plane vs. badly damage an enemy plane vs. shoot down an enemy plane).  If I'm able to make choices in combat that balance difficult trade-offs, then the combats become much more gripping and the outcomes more rewarding (when I score a key win) or upsetting (when I go down in flames!).

I like what you have so far.

CarloC

CarloC

Here I am with the 7th page of the diary. Based on the feedback received during Steam Festival, I made some improvements, expecially on reconaissance. Now you can control directly what your scout is doing and choose the right target. Also a new mission is spotted: Artillery bombardment, in which you have to destroy some enemy artillery in a row. Hope you like the video and thanks again.

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

CarloC

Hi everybody, I'm back with the last news but the most important one. Finally I have a release date: March 4th!
I also update the trailer in the first post, with new scenes and gameplay.

Thanks again for let me write here my development progress  ;)

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!