The Forgotten Battle. New movie about the Scheldt Estuary

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, September 14, 2021, 11:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Yeah, I agree it was pretty in places but nothing to get excited about.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Here's a decent Dutch documentary that gives a general overview of the battle.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Boggit

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on January 05, 2022, 06:45:24 PM
Here's a decent Dutch documentary that gives a general overview of the battle.

Yes it is a good one.  O0

For my part I feel frustrated that the British and Americans did not give the Canadians (and the Poles for that matter) their due for their courage and hard sacrifice in liberating western Holland. That the victory over Antwerp and the Scheldt was celebrated by the British and American top brass, but they did not invite any Canadian representatives when the Canadians had done the lions share of the fighting. This was utterly insulting, as the Canadians largely won this victory and also shed a considerable amount of their blood to liberate the west Netherlands. :-[ >:(

I hope Michael Dorosh will some day get around to doing a Combat Mission campaign given his great knowledge about the Canadian forces of WW2. It would be a great tribute. :peace:
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Gusington

I didn't think it was plodding, slow or poorly acted at all. I wasn't bored once and enjoyed it the whole way through. I thought the battle scenes were well done and engaging and I was interested in the movie in general, as I didn't know much about the real events.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Somebody years back, it might've been Michael, made a scenario for the bridge-crossing in the movie for the original CMBO. I remember because I got my arse handed to me royally.   :buck2:   Though, I did enjoy it.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.