JTS Summer Sale 6/15 - 6/30

Started by Compass Rose, May 28, 2021, 02:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Compass Rose

JTS just announced their up and coming Summer Sale!!!

Summer Sale!

Our Summer Sale will run June 15th - 30th this year. All titles that have been released for longer than a year will be 25% off and prices will be reflected in The Store.   No coupon codes are required to get the pricing and no order minimums.

So start making your shopping list!    O0

ArizonaTank

And, if you really want to stock up...you can get an additional 20% off for orders over $200...  So if you get 7 items on sale that's more than $100 off the regular price (the sale discount, plus the additional 20%).  Use the discount code: "BulkOrders"
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

CapnKirk

Nice! 

I keep seeing the complaint that the AI in JTS games isn't very good.  Is that actually the case?

al_infierno

I find on defense it's competent enough to put up a decent fight, keeping in mind the AI relies a lot more on scripting than most wargames.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

CapnKirk

Thanks Al,

I might pick up one of the squad battle Vietnam games.  Fathers day is coming up after all!

ArizonaTank

Quote from: al_infierno on June 16, 2021, 10:39:16 PM
I find on defense it's competent enough to put up a decent fight, keeping in mind the AI relies a lot more on scripting than most wargames.

+1  I have a bunch of the games. The AI is OK. A little flaky on the attack sometimes, but still good fun. The AI can be relied upon for a decent defense. You can't beat them for number and variety of scenarios.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.