2016 Running Football Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, February 28, 2016, 06:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

As diluted as the talent pool is now in the NFL, I'd be much more interested if they did a tiered system, like the Premier League, but with fewer levels.

That would be a fun owner's meeting to sit in on, seeing who goes where!

Bison

K-State awesome defense horrible offense.  It's going to be a long season.

bayonetbrant

Don't worry Vikings, here comes SAM BRADFORD to save the day!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Steelgrave

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 03, 2016, 10:49:25 AM
Don't worry Vikings, here comes SAM BRADFORD to save the day!

Hey, Sam Bradford and Adrian Peterson, together again! That's a great storyline right there. Bradford was an awful fit with the Beagles and the turmoil surrounding the team never helped. Color me optimistic, but a coach like Zimmerman might squeeze a bit more out of Sam than Fischer or Pederson. Not to mention Bradford is psyched over the trade. I admit I love Bradford from his Oklahoma days (and he has a reputation of being a good guy in person) and his NFL career has been average at best, but it's hands down the best the Vikes could do and it might just salvage their season.

Bison

I'd be much more excited about this if QB's talking on Facebook was still going. 

MetalDog

Norv Turner is the OC in Minnesota.  You could wish that Bradford had been there since the beginning of training camp, but, I suspect the Vikes will actually get better as the season goes on.  Might even be the best year Bradford has.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

OJsDad

#3 Oklahoma about to get beat by Houston.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Steelgrave

Quote from: MetalDog on September 03, 2016, 02:21:24 PM
Norv Turner is the OC in Minnesota.  You could wish that Bradford had been there since the beginning of training camp, but, I suspect the Vikes will actually get better as the season goes on.  Might even be the best year Bradford has.

It's the best team Bradford has found himself on in the pros, that's for sure. I'm just glad to see Sam away from the Beagles. I hate Philly and having one of my favorite players there sucked.

And speaking of sucked....c'mon, OU!  Beat by Houston? Really?!?!?!?

MetalDog

Quote from: Steelgrave on September 03, 2016, 02:34:20 PM

It's the best team Bradford has found himself on in the pros, that's for sure. I'm just glad to see Sam away from the Beagles. I hate Philly and having one of my favorite players there sucked.

Better get used to it.  Houston is going to help make the XII numerically correct.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

OJsDad

Quote from: MetalDog on September 03, 2016, 03:03:23 PM

Better get used to it.  Houston is going to help make the XII numerically correct.

Right about the time Tom Herman leaves.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Bison

Quote from: OJsDad on September 03, 2016, 03:08:46 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on September 03, 2016, 03:03:23 PM

Right about the time Tom Herman leaves.

The rumors on local sports radio is to possibly expand to up to 14 teams like the BIG 10 and SEC.  It'll be interesting, but the they are claiming that Texas doesn't want more Texas schools in the conference.

bayonetbrant

They ought to just kick Texas out and make them go be an independent.  Go get Cincy, Memphis, BYU, Houston, and maybe La Tech.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

It doesn't look like Memphis will be invited.  The CEO of Fedex supposedly offered to sponsor the title game, but Memphis appearantly wanted too much of a cut of the proceeds initially and didn't meet the academic criteria.  IDK but I'd like to see Louisville and BYU.

bayonetbrant

You won't get Louisville out of the ACC

You can't get their media rights until about 2038 and they won't leave ACC basketball now that they're in a conference with Duke, UNC, UVa, Notre Dame, and Syracuse.

OJsDad

Always good to see USC get a beat down!