2016 Running Football Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, February 28, 2016, 06:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Arctic Blast

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 03, 2016, 10:49:25 AM
Don't worry Vikings, here comes SAM BRADFORD to save the day!

I can't stop laughing. Good grief.

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

airboy

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 04, 2016, 12:00:12 AM
never seen a delay-of-game ovation like this one

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=17460116

Thanks for posting this.  May have missed it otherwise.

airboy

Auburn's defense played very well against Clemson.

Auburn snapped the ball to 5 different people in the backfield (4 people at QB and one direct snap to a RB).  Did not help their running attack which went nowhere.

bayonetbrant

The folks dancing at the 0:49 mark (and again later) are my cousin and his wife - Lee and Renée.

http://wbay.com/2016/09/03/lsu-fans-show-off-thier-tailgating-skills/
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 04, 2016, 12:00:12 AM
never seen a delay-of-game ovation like this one

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=17460116

OJsDad

Wow, 3 top 10 teams beaten opening weekend. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

And a possible 4th tonight

Not just that, but some really good games, too. UCLA-A&M, TEX-ND, LSU-WISC, Houston - OU, and Clemson - Auburn were all close late and worth watching.

bayonetbrant

Thinks about this, too. The SEC had 6 losses on opening weekend, plus Tennessee's lucky escape, and could lose Ole Miss tonight, and could've lost the A&M game

airboy

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 05, 2016, 06:09:10 AM
Thinks about this, too. The SEC had 6 losses on opening weekend, plus Tennessee's lucky escape, and could lose Ole Miss tonight, and could've lost the A&M game

I read a long article about this in the local paper.  LSU, Mississippi State, Kentucky, Tennessee etc.... all underperformed.  The only 3 SEC teams that performed either at or better than expectations were Alabama, Auburn and Georgia. 

MetalDog

airboy, I was convinced that Auburn was going to get smoked.  I saw what Watson did to Alabama in the Championship Game and I know Auburn doesn't have the same kind of defense as 'Bama does.  Kudos to Auburn for their great game!

@bayonetbrant: Don't you sweat the SEC, we'll be there in the end. :P

OJsDad

Quote from: MetalDog on September 05, 2016, 11:14:26 AM
airboy, I was convinced that Auburn was going to get smoked.  I saw what Watson did to Alabama in the Championship Game and I know Auburn doesn't have the same kind of defense as 'Bama does.  Kudos to Auburn for their great game!

Well, 'Bama will at least :)
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

MetalDog

Quote from: OJsDad on September 05, 2016, 11:30:52 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on September 05, 2016, 11:14:26 AM

Well, 'Bama will at least :)

Here's some for you, too  :P

bayonetbrant

Quote from: MetalDog on September 05, 2016, 11:14:26 AM@bayonetbrant: Don't you sweat the SEC, we'll be there in the end. :P

you act like I didn't grow up as a fan of an SEC team and graduate from another...  O0